What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Election Results

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I was heartened tonight to see an Obama victory. Never believed he'd actually make it!

I'm speechless and for me you know that's big! :-D

will be interested to see who wins the popular vote........most states only have 3-60% of prescients reporting at the moment............

Wooooo!!!!

Topic title is in very poor taste.

But WOO! Obama has won by no small margin with the electoral college. There sure is a lot of blue on the map.

I think this could be called a LANDSLIDE!
no need for re-counting this time I would guess! :)

the people have truly spoken...truly an amazing night.

anyone know what the largest "point spread" in election history is?
is this a record?
probably not, but im not sure..

I watched it happen on Comedy Central with John Stewart and Stephen Colbert..
Colbert wearing the goggles and headphones about 11pm was brilliant!
I will look for a picture of it tomorrow..

that scene completely wrapped up the whole experience for me..
it was fabulous! :)

Scot

Topic title has been changed.

edit:
Xvart didn't win.

lol. Well the Missouri ballots are still being counted, where I live. So who knows! Nice signature, Jimmy. It's like my dreams are coming true.

xvart.

Congratulations President Obama! Earlier today I was skeptical about whether or not he could pull through.

First president I've ever voted for thats won. :-D

Sorry if some of you thought my original title was too harsh, it was in ref to the way the campaigns were handled, the messages "vibes" I got from each campaign were so drastically different. Especially from Sept onward. Each side working hard to influence vastly different aspects of psychology. As far as the popular vote goes it looks like both techniques worked almost equally as well.

anyone know what the largest "point spread" in election history is?
is this a record?
probably not, but im not sure..

I looked it up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landslide_victory

its not the widest margin in history..by far.
im surprised! I always thought elections were much closer..
historically, not true!

(not to take anything away from this election..
this is just a note of historic interest concerning past elections..)

Scot

Like Swords, I too was speechless...............

After a couple minutes however, words did come to me. . . . . . words that I do not too often express aloud.

Though they do say that it's cathartic to express your frustrations and anxiety openly; so it's good to "get it all out" ya know?

I'm so disappointed. Xvart didn't win.
I demand a recount! ;)

Congratulations to Obama. Sarah Palin looked so sad yesterday. :(

What was the old title? I didn't even notice this thread when I posted about obama winning 3 mintues later...

Joosa--I love the game in your signature/avatar! I'm getting it this weekend because my copy broke and I never got to finish it. I'm glad that there are other FF7 fans out there.
And Obama won! This is a good week for me.:)

Here's a voter education bulletin about San Francisco ballot measure that lost yesterday. Some of the arguments for & against and the rebuttals are a hoot:

http://www.smartvoter.org/2008/11/04/ca/sf/prop/R/

Although it's one of the funniest things I've seen recently, I'm glad it lost because elections need to be taken more, not less seriously.

Back