What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The December 2010 issue of Carnivorous Plant Newsletter (v39 n4) is now available. Hard copy was mailed to ICPS members on November 30.

ICPS members can download PDF's for this and all past issues of CPN at:
http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cpn

Carnivorous Plant Newsletter 39(4). December 2010

CONTENTS

* Seed bank
* The 8th ICPS Conference in Leiden
* Snap-tentacles and runway lights: Summary of comparative examination of Drosera tentacles
* Prey preference in Genlisea small crustaceans, not protozoa
* New cultivars: Pinguicula ‘Johanna’ (Pinguicula agnata × debbertiana), Dionaea muscipula ‘Coquillage’, Dionaea muscipula ‘Alien’, Sarracenia ‘Johnny Marr’
* The Savage Garden: “The legacy of Paul Zahl”
* Web Wanderings – Botanicus (www.botanicus.org) and the Species Plantarum
* 2010 index of contributors

Just reading these words "The Savage Garden: “The legacy of Paul Zahl”", gives me flashbacks. When my family purchased an old farmhouse, there were piles of National Geographic magazines, neatly stacked in some of the large closets. As a teenager, I used to go through them when I was bored. Without fail, Paul Zahl articles were always cool. I vividly recall one about Nepenthes & another about these massive frogs that lived around waterfalls......

Back