What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. venusta pics

It was all nice and sunny out today so I took some pics of my D. venusta while looking for some ants....:evil:

DSCN3565.jpg

DSCN3568.jpg

DSCN3570.jpg

DSCN3572.jpg

-Ben

Excellent! A happy looking plant and some great shots. I've come to the conclusion that the D. venusta is the best looking of the Drosera in my collection. It's the second best bug catcher of my dews (the first being my D. glabripes).

How do you catch your ants?

Excellent! A happy looking plant and some great shots. I've come to the conclusion that the D. venusta is the best looking of the Drosera in my collection. It's the second best bug catcher of my dews (the first being my D. glabripes).

How do you catch your ants?

Thanks! Yeah, it's definitely one of my favorites.

I just look under some rocks where an ant colony seems to always be and just grab a few with my fingers. There's always hundreds of them.

-Ben

Always, very nice pictures and plants.

Wow, I wish I had an ant colony... :) Beautiful pics Ben, as healthy a D. Venusta I've ever seen

Thanks guys! It's kind of interesting; before, when I was new to this hobby, I'd think any sundew with dew on it was a miracle, and in photos of well-grown plants, I couldn't imagine how they got like that. Then, the way I raised my plants got better and better, and eventually, when I see my plants like this one, a plant that would have amazed me a long time ago, just seems so normal and nothing special to me, as long as I'm the one growing it. I dunno, I just get this feeling whenever I get compliments like this on the plants that I grow. When I see them everyday, their charm seems to leave, but in pictures, they seem different.

Lol I dunno, I just needed to say that. Not sure if you understand what I mean.

-Ben

Back