What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. filiformis seed Trade/Giveaway

I have been getting alot of requests from locals for free stuff. My poor common CP collection has been decimated. I have very little cheap and easy stuff to give away to interested people.

Was hoping someone would want to trade me some of my D. filiformis ssp filiformis seed for any other kind of CP seed. The more common and easy the better.

If you have no seeds to trade, that's fine. I'll also do a SASE giveaway too. I have a ton of seed this year.

Each seed packet will contain at least 50 seed, but probably alot more.

Here is a good shot of one of the mother plants. I have multiples this year as many of it's offspring are now flowering. I suggest sowing the seed in tight clumps to get a d. filiformis bush like below.

vftc.jpg

Limited to 15 each for now.

Trades - add more spots if need be. I don't anticipate too many offers.
Put your name here and PM me your addy and what you will be sending. No
need to wait for me to accept the trade offer, as long as it is a CP seed, I'll take it. If you want to trade larger quantities let me know and I'll see if I can swing it.

SASE
Put your name here and send me a PM for my address.

Last edited:
need to wait for me to accept the trade offer, as long as it is a CP seed, I'll take it. If you want to trade larger quantities let me know and I'll see if I can swing it.

SASE
1. Remag

If I had any seeds I would, but my collection got wiped out due to a heaven rain storm while I was away for a few days.

SASE
1. Remag
2. Lance

I would have sarr seeds by now if this year wasn't soo cold for the sarrs.

No worries. I normally give these away each year. I don't anticipate too many people will have extra seed just hoping a few might.

I think I might have just got some D. capillaris 'long arm' seed...I dunno, I've never collected seed from dews before but a lot of black things just fell out of some flower stalks LOL

I would be willing to bet that is seed. LOL.

Sundew seeds are tiny for the most part. And if you wanna trade it. I'll take it. But if you just want a SASE giveaway, I am fine with that too.

How do you usually ship seed? I would totally be willing to trade if you want some. Mine are flowering constantly anyways...

Dashman,

Would you like me to send you some D. Intermedia, D. Omisa (pink) and D. Spatulata seeds?

SASE
1. Remag
2. Lance
3. gill_za

How do you usually ship seed? I would totally be willing to trade if you want some. Mine are flowering constantly anyways...

Just clip the stalk off if it is dried. The seed pod will act as padding in an envelope. I'll seperate it here. Taping the seed packet an inch below the top edge also helps. The machinery that processes mail presses mostly at the top edge and bottom edges. Bottom edges gets the most pressure which is where gravity typically draws most free floating seed. You can also send a padded envelope, but the price of postage goes up.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Dashman,

Would you like me to send you some D. Intermedia, D. Omisa (pink) and D. Spatulata seeds?

Sure. Just send me a PM and we can work out a fair trade.

Sure. Just send me a PM and we can work out a fair trade.

I'll just add these to the sase envelope. No need for the trade you can have them.

Could you please add me to the sase list. I cant copy the list as im on my phone. I have some intermedia with location data blooming now, but no flowers open yet. I can send some seed when it does go to seed. I just sewed my rotundifolia seed or else id send some of that
too.

SASE
1. Remag
2. Lance
3. gill_za
4. afrodisa

D. Filiformis seed

SASE
1. Remag
2. Lance
3. gill_za
4. afrodisa
5.riceman

thanks a bunch

SASE
1. Remag
2. Lance
3. gill_za
4. afrodisa
5.riceman
6.piranhaplant

thanks a bunch

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

I am a bit confused, who do I pm for sase address? Dashman or remag? Remag says to pm him but dashman is the thread starter?

That would be me. Looks like Remag copied a little too much of my original thread where I said to PM me for my address to send your SASE.

That would be me. Looks like Remag copied a little too much of my original thread where I said to PM me for my address to send your SASE.

Did you get my pm?

Woops, sorry about that. I just copied and didn't edit.

The SASE went into the mail today.

SASE

1. Remag
2. Lance
3. gill_za
4. afrodisa
5.riceman
6.piranhaplant
7.Bett

I perpetuated the error & just copied and pasted without editing also. Did you get my PM?

Back