What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

black Cephalotus...

Fantastic! SKITSNYGG! I want that one !:-O
Great work Eden. and you have managed to grow that plant for 20 years?
Have you made divisions of it yet?
I would love a clone of that! Ill give anything ;)
If you are going to distribute it in Europe then Sign me up!

The more cultivars the better and it really is an accomplishment to have noticed and maintained that. But I'll go against the grain and say I much prefer a green Ceph with only a little red. So I'm not part of the prospective market for one of those. I don't have anything against red and love a red-tube S. flava. But Cephs (and S. leucophyllas) are best with only a little red accenting. In my minority opinion, of course. Good luck!

So, you're "there" rather than "here" on this one Bruce??

That's a pretty fine looking plant- the glossy black "lip" is particularly striking, best of luck on the registration, it really does deserve it :D

Sweet! If you are interested to find out if the colour stays throughout the year without significant temperature drops during the night, please send a cutting over in 2008. By then, I will be confident to keep it alive. :boogie:

Sweet! If you are interested to find out if the colour stays throughout the year without significant temperature drops during the night, please send a cutting over in 2008. By then, I will be confident to keep it alive. :boogie:

lol. Yeah, and if you are curious how it would survive in an apartment in Parkville, Missouri, USA I would be more than happy to assist... for research only purposes, of course. LOL. Just kidding. I am really excited to see how this progresses. Keep in touch!

xvart.

Wow. That is a wonderful achievement!! Thanks for showing us the cultivar!!! :rookwoot:

I neeeeeeeeed one!!!!

Thanks for all the comments, it increases my confidence in that I have something quite special here. As far as the origins go, the seed came from a large-pitchered, well-coloured plant that I originally got from Dudley Watts, then committee member of The Carnivorous Plant Society. Nowhere near as dark as this seedling though!

Still early days as regards taking any orders, but basically what I will do is try and find a central point for both export and import, preferably via a nursery or distributor. This will not be for at least a year so be patient. At this stage it is probably likely that I will do a bulk order to just one person or nursery who can then distribute or re-sell. I will let everyone know when plans are more definite .

WOW amazing plant. Count me in....whenever. My cephs have taught me patience.

Indeed, I already asked you to put me on the list, but put me on the list if you haven't Garden!

This Ceph is beautiful!

I know this is a blast from the past, but has anyone ever gottin one of these babies (considering he was going to make it available to the US in 2008)? ???

If so, how is the color?

And which nursery did he finally choose to distribute his black cephs?

Thanks,
E

I never saw the picture. Was it pretty?

Yup, sure is.

Thanks Swampdonkey.

E

I know this is a blast from the past, but has anyone ever gottin one of these babies (considering he was going to make it available to the US in 2008)? ???

If so, how is the color?

And which nursery did he finally choose to distribute his black cephs?
Although there may be an exception, it doesn't seem to have made it's way across the pond. From what I've seen on CPUK in passing, it has only made it out to a handful of folks over there - and one of those had their plant die...

I never saw the picture. Was it pretty?
Here's the cultivar description. In general, Bob Z's photofinder is a site to keep bookmarked...:-O

Hiya All-

I sent an inquiry to Stephen, the originator (I'm not sure if the wording is correct) of the "Black Eden" and he said he is having a difficult time fulfilling the waiting list on the UK side.

So I guess, it will be awhile before it gets here.

I believe one of his "Black Eden" cephs went around $300 on the Eurpean Ebay.

E

I too wrote to him at one point and he seemed interested in the potential tissue culturing of "Eden Black," provided that he could find someone to do it . . .

I too wrote to him at one point and he seemed interested in the potential tissue culturing of "Eden Black," provided that he could find someone to do it . . .

I've read that he is still looking for someone.

You might want to drop him another note :D

E

Is that guy in B.C.?

I saw an ad on Evilbay the other day which showed a clump of baby Cephs in nutrient gel and the ad used a pic which is quite similar to that garden of eden "black" Ceph picture. The TC clump was going for $300 as a buy it now. Seller was in B.C.

Stephen, the fella who started the "Black Eden" acutally lives in Uk.

Yeah I saw that ad, they showed what they are supposed to become and they do appear black in the image they used.

Hmmmmm . . .

E

Iirc, not long after Stephen distributed his 1st clones, an ebay post attempted to sell some using either his cultivar name or pictures or both. I believe it turned out to be an imposter with another dark ceph. There are other dark cephs around (maybe not as dark as his). As usual, there will be others attempting to take advantage of the 'opportunity'.

Also as usual: caveat emptor. :nono:

Back