What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

black Cephalotus...

for those of you who don't visit the CPUK forum, you may like to see some recent pics of a Cephalotus I raised from seed about 20 years ago
CPUK thread

This plant is grown under natural light in my greenhouse. just about to name this as a new cultivar, 'Eden Black'. I am starting to distribute in Europe at the minute, perhaps do a batch overseas in 2008 if there is enough interest.

Beautiful. And that is an understatment.

Is it touchy about holding the pigment? i.e. if repotted does it pale out? Like red tube flavas?

Beautiful. And that is an understatment.

Is it touchy about holding the pigment? i.e. if repotted does it pale out? Like red tube flavas?

it is pretty robust, but does take some time to recover colour once disturbed

put me on your list ;)

Av

Um... yes. I would definately be interested in... 2008. That is an incredible plant.

xvart.

Wow, those are gorgeous!

I'm interested...you can count me in.

Last edited:
count me in too. i saw it on the CPUK form a little while ago. the pitchers are absolutly amazing! does it make winter leaves like that too?
Alex

Wow. You should apply that for cultivar status if it can hold it.

Wow! The ceph could definitely use some more cultivar love like this!!!

2008? Count me in!

Congratulations, this is a really big accomplishment! Have you tried selfing it to see if that coloration breeds true?
~Joe

All the way to 2008?!:cry: I want that now!:-D

wow! beautiful

Joe said:
Congratulations, this is a really big accomplishment! Have you tried selfing it to see if that coloration breeds true?
~Joe
no, not sure I can wait another 20 years!

Nice! I had similar coloration when I grew a Ceph in very strong sunlight with a Black Red Dragon on a balcony in SF.
Still wasn't THAT black though. That bad boy is Sa-Weeet!
I would have a VERY strong interest in obtaining a clone, could even trade something choice for it..

Well... next time it flowers, send me some seed!
~Joe

That is just beaaaaaaaaaauuuutiful! Love the proposed name too. Those will be hot demand once in production. And cephs grow so slowly...

Maybe I'll get one before I die. lol

Thanks for sharing that!

Lol, that's what staying up too late will do to you!

I'd be keen to try this ceph too if you're open to shipping to Singapore. :)

Cheers!

Hey there gar,
Where did you get your original plant.In other words, Was the seed from your plants and obtained somewhere else/
I have one nearly that Black that I received from Allen Lowrie.
I am watching it very closely
Lois

Back