What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Was passing by and  have the time to make a quick stroll in the "nepenthes and wild orchid garden" outside the town,and found quite a no. of species from philippines and sumatra. Surprisingly truncata,veitchii,faizaliana,ventricosa(red peristome and yellow peristome ) are doing very well with huge pitchers. But One that caught my attention but without a name tag
confused.gif
, after searching on some website i narrow down to either sumatrana or sibuyanensis. Which do you think?

sumatrana.jpg

Robert
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rbjong @ Feb. 15 2006,6:50)]I Was passing by and  have the time to make a quick stroll in the "nepenthes and wild orchid garden" outside the town,and found quite a no. of species from philippines and sumatra. Surprisingly truncata,veitchii,faizaliana,ventricosa(red peristome and yellow peristome ) are doing very well with huge pitchers. But One that caught my attention but without a name tag
confused.gif
, after searching on some website i narrow down to either sumatrana or sibuyanensis. Which do you think?

sumatrana.jpg

Robert
smile.gif
Hi,
It should be sumatrana, beautiful!
How large was it? Did you see uppers?
Thanks

Absolutely no doubt it's sumatrana.

You should post a tour of that garden I love pics of neps and orchids without a greenhouse in the background!
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks for the response.
Lam, this was the biggest amongst the sumatrana.It's 1½" across the peristome,5½" long ( from apex of peristome to pitcher's base ). So far non of it have uppers. I don't see many discussion on sumatrana.with such nice coloration it should be in every grower's wish list.

Josh,i will try to post the neps and wild orchids from the garden,need it at least the whole sunday ( for conventional style of photography - slow ,using tripod, use of bounce flash,reflector on hand, no air/wind movement ) to produce detail,crisp sharp images:D

Robert

biggrin.gif

Nice website Brutal. Too bad Sweden is so far away looks like a fun place to visit! I can read a little Danish so I could even read most of what your site says since Swedish is fairly close.

Glenn

Hi, thanks!
No, Sweden is not that far away...
Its just outside my door you see...
smile_m_32.gif

Back