What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Av8tor1: Thank you so much for posting those pics, always wondered what your set up looked like.

Again gorgeous plants,

(EC) -Drew

Ive had everything to build such a system for years now... PLC, sensors, drip irrigation system, low pressure misters, solenoid valves etc etc etc

A true closed loop process contol with feeback
I've been dreaming about such a system - does that count?
I can stick the top of my thumb in that nectar spoon, it's massive... and oh so productive LOL
.... I know you couldn't resist .... so how sweet is the nectar? :-O

So any updates? :)

Hey eou, not really..... even though Ron pokes me in the ribs occasionally about building my ubber system, Im still old school heli ghetto ;-)

It's hard to take that step when the current system just works so well.... Im a big fan of simple. Its easy (and fun) to overcomplicate things but at the end of the day... parts that arent there cant fail

:p

OK i understand. :)

You can update with pictures of the plants though! :-O

EXCITEMENT FAIL!

i see a post by Butch on this heli thread, but....WHERZ TEH PIKTURES!? :spazz:

I can color my pics with red crayon and then scan them back in if you want. LOL.

omg u silly thangs ;-)

yes yes yes, this weekend ok :p

Yes that is what i wanted pictures of the plants.

Hey eou, not really..... even though Ron pokes me in the ribs occasionally about building my ubber system, Im still old school heli ghetto ;-)

It's hard to take that step when the current system just works so well.... Im a big fan of simple. Its easy (and fun) to overcomplicate things but at the end of the day... parts that arent there cant fail

:p

& mate...u have my system as an example of issues with overcomplication. Seriously...I can't believe that I missed this thread. First time I am seeing those pics too. I now get your redundancy check mechanisms. :) ;) Great job B.

thanks v :)

Here is one I took yesterday.... more to come this week.
folliculata.jpg

(needed more DOF, but oh well... ill do better next time, playing with lighting at the moment :p )

hmmm does anyone use histograms to set exposure levels?.... just curious, I read an article that mentioned it

Murosipan folliculata? Beautiful colors & composition.:hail:

you're probably bored with all my comments by now, but UNFREAKINREAL!

Hot Damnn!!! Now that is some serious color.

means a lot coming from someone who has seen these babies in-situ :hail:

Honestly, Butch, I have to say your heli's look better than what I saw on Roraima as well. Then again, they aren't garnished with dead pitchers of days past as in-situ, but still the colors and smoothness of your heliamphora are stunning!

What an honour...
thank you :)

seriously...ditto what he said. sure the helis in the tepuis are stunning, but i see no glossy reflection off their leaves....like i said. unreal.

Agreed. Fantastic heli's. I'm guessing you sacrifice your own blood into the pitchers as an offering to the heli god?

Back