What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple nice looking sarrs

S. flava cuprea
P4290014.jpg

S. x mitchelliana X x moorei
P4290012.jpg

D. 'Marston's Dragon' with a sad looking N. 'Medusa'
P4290006-1.jpg

S. 'Red Sumatra'
P4290008.jpg

S. oreophila - Heavy Veined
P4290007.jpg

I LOVE THE HOODS ON THE S. FLAVA VAR CUPREA! RAAAAA!

Sorry. Had to get that out.

Very nice plants, I've been curious into getting an S. oreophila for some time, but, I'm sure none exist in collections in Wisconsin.

Awesome plants and lawn.

Medusa is hard as hell isn't it? Heat light and air movement are what I've heard to use. Mine is finally coming around after being shipped to me.

o_O.

My N. medusa isn't giving me any great peril. But like all Nepenthes, whether I snap my arms, all my bones, jump off a bridge, sell my soul to Satan, spend hundreds of dollars, blood, sweat, or tears, I can't get it to pitcher.

It's got fairly good air movement. 70F weather, and it's pretty close to the light. Mines kicking it off after a little boost from some fertilizer (which, this same fertilizer, crippled my most promising pitchering example, N. ventricosa 'red') it's pumping out leaves pretty fast, it's made a basal shoot and I gave a cutting to Victoria since it had a vine.

Mine certainly isn't sad, but, eh, I can't get it to pitcher. I'm still clinging onto it.

Turn up the heat and see if things get better.

No can do. Other people in the house!

Wolf...the tag on the flower in the oreophylla pic says "purp veined Georgia". What purp is that exactly? Where did you get it? I know that flower is not the purp's, it's obviously a cross you just made. I'm very interested in purps from GA.

My greenhouse looks kinda pathetic now. :(

mfh, you are correct that is a cross I made. I tried to get it out of the picture but was unable to. The S. purpurea venosa that I used to make the cross was from seed collected in Georgia. This particular plant just looked better then the rest and is very nicely veined which is why I labeled it the way I did. It is not a specific form of purp just I nice one I have been growing.

Wolf

Thanks for the info. I'm interested in this because purpurea locals are scarce in GA. I have been looking for purps from GA. Is the purp you used the var montana form? I have one of those, but I think it comes from N.C.

They are sooo pretty!

Aww man I need a S.'White Sparkler'!!!!

Love the S.White Sparkler, actually love them all

Wow, nice!

Back