What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple Dewskis

These are a couple dews Crystal sent me (thanks again!) they seem to be settling in well.

Drosera scorpioides
droserascorpioides.jpg

Drosera 'Jacoby' (I think I have one of those Ivan's Paddle dews popping up in there too! :) )

droserajacoby2.jpg

I'm not sure what temp these species should be growing in but I have them in essentially intermediate/highland conditions (22-28*C days and 13-18*C nights) and they seem OK with it.

What's that Glistening Carnivores sundew book like? Anyone have it? Is it full of cultivation/location info or just pretty pictures? Would be nice if it was like the Clarke Nep books but for dews...

great plants! I love that little Drosera scorpioides!

What's that Glistening Carnivores sundew book like? Anyone have it? Is it full of cultivation/location info or just pretty pictures? Would be nice if it was like the Clarke Nep books but for dews...

It's great! It's mostly a discussion on the variety of sundews, butterworts etc., the different climates and how they adapt. Loads of beautiful pictures. If you read carefully, you can get some general hints on how to grow them, by reproducing the environment they are found in.

Back