What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's wrong with my S. " Judith Hindle"

you havent told us anything about your conditions. chances are good that the plant isnt receiving enough light....

It's on the porch getting 11 plus hours a day
The rest of the sarras looks fine

It's on the porch getting 11 plus hours a day
The rest of the sarras looks fine

I doubt that..are you saying your plants get FULL and direct sunlight every hour of the day from sunrise to sunset? ;) in the CP hobby, when we ask "how many hours of sunlight" we mean how many hours of *direct* sun, where the sun is shining right on them..not how many hours the sun happens to be in the sky! ;)

Scot

Lol shut up
I would think at least nine
They are growing next to some succulents that need full sun and my D. intermedia is bright red
It's just Judith that's messed up

Twisted pitchers like that are usually a sign of insects that suck (literally) - aphids, mealy bugs, scale, thrips, or mites. Thrips and mites are difficult to spot because of their size. Thrips can spent part of their life cycle actually within the plant tissue making it more difficult to spot them.

Insufficient watering can lead to twisting of the pitchers too.

Barring watering problems I'd take a magnifying glass and scrutinize your plant more closely for pests. Spider mites can be no larger than the size of the period mark on your screen.

Back