What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's wrong with my N.lowii x truncata

A few days ago I spotted this blackening on the newest emerging left of my N. lowii x truncata.

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

Any idea what's wrong? I've already sprayed the plant with fungicide...

Thanks!

That black isn't a good sign. I've had plants do that on me and rot out. There's one photo that shows the soil to be waterlogged. Don't know if you just recently watered though. If you normally keep your plants that wet that MAY be a reason it is doing that. Usually when I lose plants to the creeping black death, they are smaller or new arrivals. Once they get that large they are fairly resistant to pathogens. Some other growers may suggest that you repot it into new media before it gets worse to try and save the plant IF that's the problem. I only repot potentially sick plants as a last resort because disturbing the roots just puts more stress on the plant.

Good luck,
Joel

http://www.nepenthesaroundthehouse.com

looks to me like it rotting point
Arie

That would be rot! Chop until you find green tissue and lift the pot off the ground to promote air circulation! DO NOT water anymore.

Back