What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Nepenthes Rafflesiana form is this?

Hello,

This picture is the main photo for the Wikipedia Nepenthes Rafflesiana page:

Nepenthes_rafflesiana_squat2.jpg

What form of Rafflesiana is this? it doesn't look like a typical (The bottom of the leaves look purpleish/red), but I couldn't find any pictures of it elseware, and it is definitely something I would be interested in trading/buying.

Last edited:
It's a photo of a wild plant, so I doubt that you can buy that form of raff.

I don't care if I can buy it or not, I just want to know if it has a common name. Perhaps it's just the good photography (or the fact that it's in the wild), but in my opinion, that is one of the most beautiful looking pitcher plants I've seen.

the "normal" form is what you see above. like zero said though. is not going to look the same as the above plant. i really cant tell if the undersides of the leaves ARE red...or if it is just shadow.

Alex

Every plant looks different.

I think I might have actually found what form this is, or at least a clone that looks almost identical. I was looking through the wholesale list on the Borneo Exotics website (Not sure if I can say that, if not, a mod should just change it to 'a website'), and found a clone called "Brunei Giant, Clone 99", which has 'mostly dark maroon' pitchers and a lime green peristome. I just wish this website allowed you to buy plants one at a time instead of having to spend hundreds of dollars...

the "normal" form is what you see above. like zero said though. is not going to look the same as the above plant. i really cant tell if the undersides of the leaves ARE red...or if it is just shadow.

Alex

Hi,allow me to elaborate . I'm the photographer. The underside of the leave was indeed dark red. I will go back and take a more detail photo.( I was absent from here for quite awhile as i couldn't log in after the website was revamped)

Looks like the squat form. :)

Nepenthes_rafflesiana_squat2.jpg

Hiya Rbjong-

I just loves this N. raff in this pic. I wish I could have one like this growing and thriving in my greenhouse :-D

Could you please tell us more about this particular plant if you still can recall, espcially the size of the plant and its pitchers.

Thanks,
Bo

Last edited:
Man, if you could legally take a division of that plant, and do it without damaging the originial speciman... It would be awesome if that clone was introduced into the CP community.

Back