What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite Sarracenia?

Here is my current favorite Sarracenia. What is yours? Share pictures of your collection!

2009may7greenhouse008.jpg

2009may7greenhouse009.jpg

My favorite is Sarracenia Minor because it seems to be pretty rare in collections and it looks pretty unusual.

Unfortunately, mine seems to be dying. I'll try and post some pics of it later today.

CP-Conn,
That's one heck of a lid on that Sarr. :clap: Is it from NC?

Hmm. Either my S. flava rugelii, Dana's Delight, or my S. psittacina. I'd take pictures, but my camera is broken. :/

I got my starts from a nursery near Charlotte last year. They're all a little different so its fun to watch them grow!

CP-Conn,
That's one heck of a lid on that Sarr. :clap: Is it from NC?

DSC_0101.jpg

This is my fav. right now. It is Sarracenia oreophila x Moorei Big Red

Pictures to come but I have a feeling it's going to be a close call between my Leah Wilkerson and the Moorei from the auction I got from schloaty. Cant wait for the fall pitchers to do their thing!

Either my Leuco "Titan" or my Leah Wilkerson. HAvent had flavas in a while though so cant really say...

Mine is leucophylla but I am having no luck overwintering them here in Iowa. I will give them a try one more year.

I like anything with a leuco or minor in it. Here's a recently acquired plant:

Picture004-4.jpg

Ive seen a couple really stunning oreophila x leucophylla, and reverses of it that absolutely make me go nuts....
but as far as species go, im gonna have to say flava var. atropurpurea all the way

It's all about the flava var rubricorpora red tube forms. Those things make other sarracenia look like turf grass ;)

It's all about the flava var rubricorpora red tube forms. Those things make other sarracenia look like turf grass ;)

I have to agree: There's nothing quite as spectacular as a well-grown rubicorpora.
I might be inclined to say "Adrian Slack" if mine were putting up pitchers yet.

Mine would be Sarracenia oreophila.

It's tough, pretty, and vigorous.

Whichever plants are looking good, just out of dormancy, I guess. My Sarracenia flava rubricorpora are coloring up nicely and the S. leucophylla "Titan" and S. minor var. okeefenokeensis are living up to their large reputations . . .

Back