What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to right now?

• Thread starter Maiden
  • Start date
  • #1,082
she is unreal

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o6rBK0BqL2w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
  • #1,085
@Av8tor1: Reminds me of some of the pieces TSO performs. :)
[MENTION=10715]Tanukimo[/MENTION]: Gorgeous woman and the group has a nice sound. Just wish I spoke the language. :)

• #1,087
So how does one go about inserting a YouTube video directly into the post as opposed to just a link? Have tried a couple of the methods I've read on the net but they haven't worked.

Last edited:
  • #1,088
I just paste the url into the dialogue box that pops up after clicking on the Insert Video button.

• #1,089
Hmm, tried that once (second to last icon that looks like a piece of a film strip, yes?) and all that came up was the link.

Last edited:
  • #1,090
That's weird, it works for me.

• #1,091
Using the video button should insert a link like so:

PHP:
[MEDIA=youtube]rC7lHFFFRnc[/MEDIA]

All the junk after "video" in the opening tag is not necessary, the forum adds that automatically when you submit the post. So you just need the video, the youtube link, and the /video.

• #1,094
Generally speaking, I am not a fan of song remakes -- particularly when the song is a "classic" and it is not the original artist. (Too many artists go overboard trying to make the song "their own".). But this was pretty good, IMO:

Well, Nim, I tried it and I do see a "video" tag at the beginning and a "/video" tag at the end, but all I'm seeing is just a hyperlink. ???

----------------
Thanks, Nim. That appears to have done the trick. (Went back and made the change you suggested.)

Last edited:
  • #1,095
Generally speaking, I am not a fan of song remakes -- particularly when the song is a "classic" and it is not the original artist. (Too many artists go overboard trying to make the song "their own".). But this was pretty good, IMO:

Well, Nim, I tried it and I do see a "video" tag at the beginning and a "/video" tag at the end, but all I'm seeing is just a hyperlink. ???

Oh it looks like it doesn't work with mobile URLs (m.youtube.com) and only with regular ones. That would explain your problem!

• #1,096
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XfVGCrQdw08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saw Joe in concert over the weekend, simply amazing!

Last edited:
  • #1,097
Kanashikute Yarikirenai

I'm not an anime fan, so I have not watched this movie, but I know this song. I have sometimes listened to this song since first hearing the original in 1968.
I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or an intentional selection. The younger brother of the lyricist (Hachiro Sato) died in the same prefecture in 1945.

• #1,098
Here is the trailer with this song.

Here is the trailer with this song.

If you are an anime fan, it might worth watching.
According to the reviews and the director's statement,
1) This is not a war movie, but Suzu's day by day life (story?).
2) It is not nearly as depressing as "Grave of the Fireflies". Someone wrote "So Grave of the Fireflies vol.2? My feels aren't ready."

I know very well the two movies that I referred to often cause endless barren argument. If you want to, please go away and start making an argument at an appropriate place, because the tittle of this thread is "What are you listening to right now?"
Personally, living in the Far East and considering the recent situation, I plead for resolution of "nobody of both sides chooses the worst option (Oppenheimer's deadly toy)".

• #1,099
One more song

One more song,
Again I'm not an anime fan, so I never watched, and will never watch the anime he is showing. But I think his translation is the best one. I guess it could be achieved by his background.
This is a most ironic military song.
Someone wrote: “Such a cheerfull song untill you translate the bloody lyrics, j........”
At another site: “The happiest song about dieing in the snow i've ever heard?”
In fact, this song was modified as the original was sissie, and then both were banned during WW2. At the very end of the lyrics in the modified version, the subject was replaced the military with the soldier (lyricist) himself.
In my opinion, this song (at least the lyrics) is an antiwar song.
The guy in this video is singing the original. I know some Westerners (including anime fans with innocent feelings) like this song. I wonder if they really understand the meaning of this song. I suspect they are singing the modified version in the anime he is showing.

• #1,100
A bit of Mississippi John Hurt, "I Shall Not Be Moved." He had a peculiar way of picking that many of my guitar playing friends greatly admired. Many of the existing recordings were from the late 1920s-30s . . .

https://youtu.be/tLc8YeXP8FY

Back