What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utopia in a glass-- the most exquisite CP terrarium of all time? [warning: pic heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this quite possibly the most exquisite CP terrarium you've ever feasted your eyes on?

Umm.. not quite.

However, it is the most crowded CP terrarium I have ever seen. The only thing you need now is a utric. :)

The small drosera in the terrarium intrigue me. What species are they (aside from the obvious capensis).

The small drosera in the terrarium intrigue me. What species are they (aside from the obvious capensis).

Yes, there are 25 different species in the terrarium alone. Let's see if you can spot them all. :) :)

What sort of lighting is this under and for how long have you been growing it there?

Congrats.

Just a little advice. You may want to think about moving the VFTs out and growing them in a more temperate environment long term. They will eventually need dormancy or they will exhaust themselves and die. They look small so they should be fine growing them there in the winter. You can place them outside come spring. The VFTs that is.

Just a little advice. You may want to think about moving the VFTs out and growing them in a more temperate environment long term. They will eventually need dormancy or they will exhaust themselves and die. They look small so they should be fine growing them there in the winter. You can place them outside come spring. The VFTs that is.

Thanks brother, but this terrarium has been growing as-is for the past 5 years. Apparently something's working :)

Umm.. not quite.

However, it is the most crowded CP terrarium I have ever seen. The only thing you need now is a utric. :)

I actually don't see any pings in there either.
Super cool though. I've REALLY been wanting to do something like this too. I've been collecting all types of different punch bowls and carafes.

I've avoided and refrained from feeding the animals thus far, but I have a piece to say and I'ma say it.

I think I speak for more than just myself when I say that I really don't appreciate you going on a total rant in the chat about how inferior the entire community is to you (except the admin, of course; no, that would just be stupid) and how we're all poor losers going nowhere in life and that we all just gather here in hopes of making ourselves and each other feel better about our miserable lives and then going in the chat and acting all goody-two-shoes calling everyone "brother" and whatnot, acting all endearing, when the admin's around.

It's one thing to be a totally arrogant, pompous, very probably ignorant ___hole that others can just sit and chuckle at, but it's another thing entirely to get on a personal level like that and attempt to completely undermine the community as the place of friendly, helpful, and generous people it is.

Not that you actually got to me (nor did you get to anyone else in that chat, I'm sure); you didn't. Though I doubt it's easy to hear that all the way up there on that horse. I simply don't feel it's fair to the rest of the community that might actually believe any of this two-faced nonsense. I think you've already established the level of credibility your words carry.

Piece: said.

And just for clarity's sake:
04/01/2011 15:23 [Listserv.org] I've definitely come to learn of a few things about Terraforum posters, and the CP community in general in the short interim since I've debuted
04/01/2011 15:23 [Listserv.org] 1) CP growers are generally very insecure people, especially when it comes to their collections (or lack thereof)
04/01/2011 15:24 [Listserv.org] 2) CP growers are insecure about their money (and are generally poor)
04/01/2011 15:25 [Listserv.org] 3) CP growers are quick to lynch fellow posters when presented with outstanding collections superior to their own
04/01/2011 15:26 [Listserv.org] 4) exceptions aside (Andrew), CP growers are generally not very successful people when it comes to their careers
04/01/2011 15:27 [Listserv.org] 5) TF is a pretty hostile environment for newbies, or people just starting out in the hobby
04/01/2011 15:29 [Listserv.org] 6) CP growers generally gravitate to their own little groups-- patting themselves on each others' shoulders, complimenting each others mediocre collections, etc etc... it's pretty sad, lol

Thanks brother, but this terrarium has been growing as-is for the past 5 years. Apparently something's working :)

im gonna say no way that is 5 years as is.......gonna say anyone thats been growing for more than a year would say the same.....

And just for clarity's sake:

You make it seem like that's something for which I should be ashamed of? I'm confused.

How clarity became equivalent to shame is beyond me.

Seriously--everyone just needs to STOP posting on these absurd threads. We're just feeding this poor kid's ego.

I think we have sufficiently proven the ridiculousness of his claims. Both his actions and words are contradictory, and I believe they are intended to manipulate the community and goad the honorable members on this forum. Any further attempt to continue communication will almost certainly end with the same unsatisfactory results. He is simply trying incite outrage to drag people down to his level.

I know the true nature of this forum--I have never seen anyone here lash out at a truly great collection (think about the amazing Neps pygo shared with us). We all know how silly this whole business is, and should treat as thus.

strikes me as a worthless cant cut it with more money than brains...........he is buying expensive plants without bothering to learn proper care.....sad really, i pity the poor SOB.....

I for one hope he keeps posting. Narcissistic rage makes for a great sideshow.
~Joe

I for one hope he keeps posting. Narcissistic rage makes for a great sideshow.
~Joe

you would enjoy some of the characters on the hunting forum im on.......

Is this quite possibly the most exquisite CP terrarium you've ever feasted your eyes on?

No. Are you kidding? It's not even the nicest one I've seen this month. Those plants are obviously stressed and are about due for some deadheading. Also, taking a good photograph goes a long way towards making any plant look decent.

you would enjoy some of the characters on the hunting forum im on.......

Whoa whoa whoa... Controlled doses my friend.
~Joe

Anyone else want to see a colony of ants dropped in there? :-D

The only thing you need now is a utric. :)
Kinda looks like he's got that base covered, actually. Is that U. bisquamata I see, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back