What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Sarracenia

CPsinSC

Ryan + Sara
unknown4.jpg

unknown1.jpg

unknown2.jpg

unknown3.jpg

unknown5.jpg

unknown6.jpg

The older growth is more of a green color (guess it wasn't getting proper lighting from it's previous owner). The last couple of pitchers are a light orange color w/red veins. The outsides of the pitchers have a bit of a fuzzy appearance (short fuzzies). It looks like it should be at least part flava, just not sure what else.

Anyone have an idea? :)
Thanks for the help

rubra maby?

yeah, either a rubra or alata pubescens

I was thinking Alata

Rubra ssp. wherryi is my guess.

now that I think of it, it does look like S. rubra ssp wherryi but the pitchers and the lid seems too stout.

If it is rubra, it'll be easier to tell once bigger pitchers open. It's got one at the moment that should open soon.

New pitcher is open and fully formed.

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

The flies love this thing .. already 2/3 full with live flies, lol.
new5.jpg

Rubra x ?, some sort of hybrid ???

I'd guess S. Alata x S. Rubra ssp. Wherry. I say this because the tendency toward green and the shape of the lid hints at Alata. The Ruffles tend to indicate Rubra, but since they, nor the ridge up the back are not very pronounced, I am attracted toward ssp. Wherry. Being part Rubra would also give it the orangish tint. Also, both Wherry and Alata have the red veins.

I doubt Flava because they tend to have a heavily constricted section where the neck meets pitcher, while this one has one the same width as the Rubra and Alata. It also lacks the little cowlick-like tips on the Flava lids (well, it is smaller anyway). Alata lids have much less obvious tips, while Rubra has little to none.

I'd still stick with my guess of rubra ssp. wherryi

Back