What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. Gibba and drying out

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
So I've got some trays of U. gibba that I accidentally allowed to dry completely up. Is there any chance the U. gibba could "revive" itself?

IDK, but if they don't, I'd be happy to palm off... I mean provide a few pounds!

Haha, thanks I'll let you know. I always have the hardest time w/ these guys. Not because they are difficult, but because random things will happen that kills them. I don't usually have to water but once every two weeks for the trays they are in (they share w/ a few tropical dews because they love the peat water), but for whatever reason, they went from full trays to perfectly dry in like 4 days..... go figure.

They probably won't come back if they're completely dry, sorry. But drying them out to the point of being barely moist spawns flowers.

Just wondering but thanks for the info. I just kinda wondered what degree of dryness people have experienced with their aquatics.

LOL! Putting them in a fishtank, in direct sun keeps them flowering for months!

Back