What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Sarracenia

29ary1c.png

Hi, I recently purchased two sarracenias. I assume one of them might be Sarracenia rosea, but the other one I have no clue. Any help?

Both are hybrids, and as such, their pedigree could include several species. Its difficult (impossible) to provide specific hybrid names, unless the plant is easily recognizable (as in Judith Hindle, etc.) which neither of yours is - sorry.

Both are hybrids, and as such, their pedigree could include several species. Its difficult (impossible) to provide specific hybrid names, unless the plant is easily recognizable (as in Judith Hindle, etc.) which neither of yours is - sorry.

Thanks for your reply!

How do I know how to care for them if I don't know the specie? Is it possible that they can go without dormancy?

The care for all Sarrs is pretty much the same, although some species are less cold hardy than others. They definitely need a dormancy.

Back