What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two hamata, same source, different clones, plus a third

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Okay, about two years ago I received two hamata from overseas, both the same size but different clones. They have been raised together but one has outshone the other. Here is the first, growing nicely, except only two pitchers right now, in a three inch pot.
3-%20hamata1.jpg

And here is the other, still in it's two inch pot.
2-hamata1.jpg

And my third is an unnamed clone, label just says hamata, from the same grower (gift from a TF member) that I've had for closer to four years now.
hammy.jpg

Since all three are being grown together, is the difference between the first two clonal?

I've had the same thing with N.clipeata. I've had clone U for about 6 years, and it's the same size as a clone 2 I've had for 3-4 years.

Meanwhile, all my N.hamatas at least 3 years later are still rosettes too.

Last edited:
Seems like it definitely could be Chibae. Myself and several growers on here have a hamata hybrid from the same vendor clone, grown in similar conditions, and yet they all look different.

Seems like it definitely could be Chibae. Myself and several growers on here have a hamata hybrid from the same vendor clone, grown in similar conditions, and yet they all look different.
Which hybrid if I may ask.

burkei x hamata (BE #3612).

These are AW clones correct?

Back