What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turface users

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I wanted to see what plants people use Turface with and results they have had.

Pings - Love it.
Cephs - Love it.
Utrics - As long as it's at least a 50/50 turface / peat they seem to really like it.

Helis - I have 2 plants in Turface and they have been unhappy for a long time and just been too lazy to re-pot them into my usual mix.
Have others who use Turface tried it with helis and whats your experience?

Have not tried VFT's and have a bunch to re-pot and curious how they do with it before I go putting all the plants into it.

1:1:1:

turface/lfs/perlite.... standard mix for all my helis
After years of experimentation, my fav mix all around heli mix.

Turf ace is APS right?

I have pings in it and they do love it.

I put a bit in my flytrap mix this year but not very much. I will tell you if they die...

1:1 turface to lfs mix for my heliamphora. Doesn't look like they're complaining.

I've begun adding turface to all of my mixes, including neps, helis, dews, pings, and cephs. It's just a great overall addition to nearly any media.

Thanks for the replies.

I think my helis I have in it are not happy cause it's a 50 / 50 mix of turface / peat. Not sure why I added that much peat since all my other pots are much less - 25% - 10% peat

Dews hate it in my experience. Have D. spathulata and D. capensis "all red" and D. unknown growing in 50:50 turface : peat. Capensis is almost dead, spatulata looks not long for this world either, D. unknown turned white.

Pings love it with some iron oxide. Certain Utrics like it as well

I think my helis I have in it are not happy cause it's a 50 / 50 mix of turface / peat. Not sure why I added that much peat since all my other pots are much less - 25% - 10% peat
I've been using Turface as a constituent in many of my media mixes and have not noticed negative effects with any plants (different story with Napa stuff). :0o:

Otoh, when I did my media comparison tests with Heli's, the 2 media mixes with peat did poorly compared to those without peat. While the testing was a small sample (& likely not statistically valid), I've kept peat out of my Heli mixes since then & they've grown like weeds. :-O

Turface looks like there are multiple types; MVP, etc. Which type do you all use for CP soil mixes?

Last edited:
Back