What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip to meijer gardens carnivorous plant house

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
Hello all.

A few of us are getting together to make another trip to the Kenneth E. Nelson Carnivorous Plant House at Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We will be heading up early on Saturday, Oct. 30th to meet at the gardens. We will be staying overnight and returning home Sunday. Although plans are in the works to also visit the Ford Museum.

The Kenneth E. Nelson Carnivorous Plant House is the only one of it's kind in the Midwest and one of only a few in the U.S. The 400 square-foot new environment hosts dozens of species of native Michigan, North American and tropical carnivorous plants from around the world.

Wives are welcome. Mark's wife and my wife are going to do something else during the day. Currently they are talking about going to the art museum and on a train ride.

Please post here if you are interested in going along with us.

We took a trip earlier in the year and our posts about the trip can be found here.

N_truncata_meijergardens2-31-04.jpg

Just a sample of what can be seen
smile.gif

I can probably make it this time around.

I will be going up early in the morning and staying overnight. If you need to make reservations, rooms will be getting tight closer to the weekend. Priceline.com has rooms at 3 star hotels for about $58 at the moment.

Anyone else interested?

I'm interested.

Hey everyone!
Recent additions to the Nep collection at FMG: N. inermis, N. hamata and N. veitchii x lowii. I can't remember what else I left there, but I want to see pics of my babies! It's a shame I won't be there this time around. I hope you have fun!

Amori

I am planning on being at the gardens around 11AM. Time is not set in stone and can change. Will keep you posted.

I will not be able to make it during that time. I will be out pheasant hunting with some people during that time. Let me know if you change dates, if not have a great time.

ps
Do not forget about the time change on Halloween! Fall back an hour.
smile_m_32.gif

Someone ought to tell Darcie. I don't think she is aware of this endeavor.

I think she's volenteering at the gardens and we are hopeing that she'll be our guide.

The trip is still on to the gardens. Meeting time between 11am-12:00noon.

I pm'ed Darcie but I haven't gotten a response. I'll call doug later.

Well Darcie never responded to my PM, and Doug chickened out. So I guess it's just Nick, me and maybe Peter. If anybody is planning to go, send me a pm before 7am tomorrow morning and I'll give you my cell number.

I think Travis will also be there. Not sure. Kind of a bummer that the group is going to be so small this time.

Back