What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took some nice pics of my nepenthes Garden

ceph eden black 004.JPG
ceph eden black 005.JPG
ceph eden black 006.JPG
ceph eden black 007.JPG
Here's an awkward bit of growth on the side of my female Hamakua flower stalk. Never had this happen before
ceph eden black 008.JPG
ceph eden black 009.JPG
That complex veitchii hybrid of the Mixta x Maxima x Veitchii x Northiana x Veitchii is openeing it's flowers for me and what a wonderful surprise indeed. It's a FEMALE!!!!!. I was told that it was a male, but instead it turns out to be a girl,LOL. I'm actually really glad that its a female anyways. I've always wanted this plant in the female form.
ceph eden black 011.JPGfemale 001.JPG
The female Lowii x Campy stalk coming along very nice and should be ready to pollinate soon
females 001.JPG

Last edited:
That's a happy surprise with the female! That plant is unreal. Have you got a partner for it already?

That's a happy surprise with the female! That plant is unreal. Have you got a partner for it already?
I got a couple partners, so far. I hope that I'll have enough pollen for her though, plus enough for the other two females that are also currently in flower. One of the types of pollen I'll be using on her is Lowii x Veitchii x xTiveyi x Platychila.

The Queen of Hearts coming along very nicely
queen of hearts 001.JPG

queen of hearts 002.JPG
The huge female complex Veitchii hybrid of Mixta x Maxima x Veitchii x Northiana x Veitchii.
new pitcher 002.JPG
new pitcher 003.JPG
flower stalks 001.JPG

Took some really nice new pics lately of the neps.
gy 006.JPG

gy 008.JPG
gy 003.JPG
hj 005.JPG
hj 006.JPG
I have alot of female flower stalks going right now. I have a total of 8 female flower stalks going right now, 4 female hamakua stalks, 3 female Lowii x campy stalks, and one new stalk of the female Mixta x Maxima x Veitchii x Northiana x veitchii.
flower stalk 001.JPG
dtf 001.JPG
dfgser 003.JPG
dfgser 002.JPG
dfgser 001.JPG
dfgser 004.JPG

This is the top of the female Mixta x maxima x Veitchii x Northiana x veitchii where there is indeed 100% a new flower stalk on her.
d 001.JPG
new gabbie pics 003.JPG
new gabbie pics 005.JPG
new gabbie pics 006.JPG
new gabbie pics 007.JPG

Now I'm up to 9 female flower stalks going right now. 4 female Hamakua, 3 female Lowii x Campanulata and 2 of the female Mixta x maxima x Veitchii x Northiana x veitchii.
fgh 002.JPG
fgh 003.JPG
fgh 004.JPG
fgh 005.JPG
fgh 006.JPGfgh 007.JPGfgh 008.JPGfgh 009.JPG

Very nice, those are some massive flower stalks.
Thanks so much. I'm doing alot of cross pollinations right now from pollen donated to me. Hopefully it all goes well for me and all the donors..

Wow! That’s a huge flower stalk! If you mind if I ask, what type of nepenthes is it?(pics 1-5)

Wow! That’s a huge flower stalk! If you mind if I ask, what type of nepenthes is it?(pics 1-5)
Hi there. I don't mind at all. The females in flower there is Lowii x Campanulata and Hamakua. There's also 2 female stalks going of the Mixta x Maxima x Veitchii x northiana x Veitchii. That really huge stalk up front was completely pollinated with ventricosa. I'm really hoping to find alot more pollen here and I hope that all goes well with the pollination and proper fertilization happens this time with these campy female hybrids that I have in flower.

Well those sound fun, hope fertilization goes well😀
Thanks, I hope so as well, cause both those female Campy hybrids of mine have been very stubborn when I have done previous pollinations on them where as the female complex Veitchii hybrid has been very cooperative and her first pollination went very well. I have alot of seeds from that Veitchii hybrid that I'm working on germinating.

Back