What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I see, the evil groundhog:jester:.
The tree won't break, definitley not. I have seen people bending a tree from 4-5 cm thick with no problem. If you're really scared of bending it too far you could use raffia but with the shape you already have, you could go for semi cascade. Ofcourse you could go for fukinagashi, I don't say it is impossible it is just very difficult to create a natural effect ;).

I'm gonna keep the style. It's good to know that I can bend it farther, it does seem too straight. Are there any other ways to thicken the trunk?

There are two ways I know. Putting it in a bigger pot so you get the same effect as in the open ground. The other option is by making some cuttings in the bark. In that way the tree thinks the mucus layer is damaged an there will grow a new bit of wood. This is tricky, cause you could get an unequal trunk if you don't do it right.
You can choose out of these two options but I would go with nr one cause it gives me a safer idea. It will take a while before you have a thickness of 3-4 cm. You can speed it up by leaving a sacrifice branch in the height. You keep that branch up there until it is around one meter and than cut it back to an eye of a branch and do it all over again and again and again until you have the right thickness and taper. If you, or another person, have a question ask me ;)

Last edited:
I feel that it has been way too long since my last update, so here ya go.

Biodome rescue N. lady luck, recently repotted.

Death cube mystery nep, also repotted. Can you guess where it's old pot went?

D. capensis "giant"

The dionea "dente" had a growth spurt.

As did its little divisions.

Dionea "coquillage"

Two of my death box rescues from last year.

My recently acquired akai ryu.

The Rocket farms twins.

S. luecophylla "tarnok"

My recently repotted N. ventrata,

The sarracenia I won in a recent giveaway.

And a lizard, because who doesn't like a lizard?

That's all folks.

Back