What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Perfect Nepenthes

• Thread starter Benny
  • Start date
I want to get more nepenthes. But I don't want ones that take special treatment.
What are some that; pitcher in low humidity and are OK with being in a room with not tons of light.
I already have a x ventrata

Miranda and sanguinea are nice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks! I will look into them.

I enjoyed the N. ventriosa x campanulate and N. maxima 'mini' that lived in my bedroom. They were both compact plants with adorable lil pitchers!

I have some Nepenthes sanguinea basals that I can trade if you're interested

Complex hybirds are great, especially those involving maxima and ventricosa. Also, complex hybrids tend to have more colorful pitchers than ventratas. Sanguineas are good and so is maxima. N. hamata is also really easy and is known for thriving in lower light. It's kind of expensive, though:nightmare:. I also have N. truncata, which appreciates a bit lower light than other neps and pitchers very easily.

for all the fancy neps i have, pure verntricosas are still some of my favorite. very easy going

Thanks to all of you. Sangrock101, I have nothing to trade and cannot get any new plants at the moment.

for all the fancy neps i have, pure verntricosas are still some of my favorite. very easy going

I have heard mixed reveiws on ventricosas. I heard they "need high humidity", but that "they are a great beginner plant", "they won't pitcher for me", etc. Do you have them in a greenhouse?

I had a N. ventrata do great indoors by a window too.

Thanks to all of you. Sangrock101, I have nothing to trade and cannot get any new plants at the moment.

I have heard mixed reveiws on ventricosas. I heard they "need high humidity", but that "they are a great beginner plant", "they won't pitcher for me", etc. Do you have them in a greenhouse?

all my plants are in a growroom with high humidity but once its warm enough i put easier going plants outside and ventricosa is one of them. takes a couple weeks to adjust then keeps going for me.

ventricosa is very rewarding and easy.

There's been recently discovered a N. aenigma in recent years that supposedly doesn't need a lot of light. I've had a small one growing in with Phalaenopsis orchids and it's doing ok but I haven't gotten too many pitchers yet. It's low-ish light and pretty low humidity where I have it growing.

Back