What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the other food group

http://www.lazyboneuk.com/store/pro501.html

Now that you know what they are doing those "giant ants" Are Female Alates, or the New Queen's that havent started colonys yet. They have some other unusual stuff. Im considering buying some... but I dont know how I feel about them Taking ants from the wild like that. Im not worried about the ants, I'm worried about the ant population. The ant is a leaf cutter ant.

But some of the other stuff make you wonder where do they get the Surplus for this stuff.

its an ant...they are taking ove the world. but i have always wanted to try some type of bug. just so i can say that i have :)
Alex

The BARBECUE FLAVOUR WORM CRISPS sounds yummy.

http://www.lazyboneuk.com/store/pro501.html

Now that you know what they are doing those "giant ants" Are Female Alates, or the New Queen's that havent started colonys yet. They have some other unusual stuff. Im considering buying some... but I dont know how I feel about them Taking ants from the wild like that. Im not worried about the ants, I'm worried about the ant population. The ant is a leaf cutter ant.

But some of the other stuff make you wonder where do they get the Surplus for this stuff.

Now... I am by far closed minded when it comes to food, but... EWWWWWWWWW. All the sudden that toosie roll doesn't taste so good!!!

The BARBECUE FLAVOUR WORM CRISPS sounds yummy.

Blech. My co worker just told me that they eat chocolate covered grasshoppers tho and that they are pretty good. BLECH BLECH BLECH

If you only knew what you eat everyday, you'd be BLEECHing for a long time.

I've had the Scorpion thing before

but I'd like to try all of those.

Last year I actually made some homemade cricket cookies.

Yummy!!!

I have heard of the cricket cookies they don't sound half bad!

I don't know what to say about a teenage boy who made cricket cookies. Other than to ask if you used them instead of chocolate chips?

If you only knew what you eat everyday, you'd be BLEECHing for a long time.

That is why I try to stay away from anything but organic (and I am an ovolacto vegetarian). I blech about too much that people eat... although the bugs deserve a couple extra heheheh:-D

I wouldn't eat them just because they are from the wild. Not because i'm worried about the populations, but because bacteria and disease live in the wild that don't at an ant farm.

I agree with Jlap. I have heard of people eating monkey brain soup- or something along the lines of that...I've seen it on the paper a loooong time back. A restuarant had it on the menu. MMMMM DELICIOUS!!

crickets aren't bad, they taste like sunflower seeds with the shell left on. the wings are a little annoying though, like popcorn shells.

the worm crisps aren't bad either. kind of like potato sticks, but not salty.

I agree with Jlap. I have heard of people eating monkey brain soup- or something along the lines of that...I've seen it on the paper a loooong time back. A restuarant had it on the menu. MMMMM DELICIOUS!!

No way? Really? I mean, I knew that this stuff was out there... EWWWW was it in a restaurant in the states or overseas.

My husband likes goat brains or lamb brains... I Can't remember which... I wont make it so it doesn't matter hahahaha but I guess it is common in the country he is from (and he can go right to one of those restaurants and order it because I have smelled it and I am not ranking up my house!)

Hey I'd TOTALLY eat monkey brains. Just so I could say I've done it. There's not much that I wont do.

The weirdest things I've eaten was human hair and a bottle of dip spit from like 5 different guys. Lol, I got paid for it lol. Come to think of it I think there might have been pee in it, too.

Lol, I've probably got some disease lol

Lol omg I can't believe I just told you guys that lmao

That is REALLY gross JLAP!

Nep_ak, Why would you want to eat ants when you like them so much?

Curiosity.

And you dont have to worry about Ants from the Wild having Bacteria and Things like that, they are for the most part VERY clean. Theirs ants in Britain, that use that yellow sticky stuff off of tree's, once it has dried, to keep the colony clean. They collect tons of it and set it at the entrances an through out the nest. Cleaning any bacteria and microbes that might be living on them! It is a organic sanatizer, helps keep them clean. Let alone them being super clean as it is! Theirs the occasional Parasitic fungi but thats usualy in the HEART of the rainforest.. But Im sure these people know what they are doing.

It just seems like... something i would do.

Escargo is pretty good, like butter/garlic flavored snot.

That is why I try to stay away from anything but organic (and I am an ovolacto vegetarian). I blech about too much that people eat... although the bugs deserve a couple extra heheheh

Too bad you eat 'em in your sleep. The average person eats 4 spiders a year that way.

Beleive it or not, insects are one of the better sources of nutrition if you can get past your cultural aversion to the idea. And that's all it is - your aversion is a LEARNED BEHAVIOUR, nothing more.

Insects allow you to absorb roughly twice as many nutrients as most other foods. They just break down and digest more easily.

Hehe I love escargot too but that's different. That's meaty. lol.

I would just DIE if a PETA person came in and started a debate on insect rights lmao.

Back