What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The october country

Hi
first off sorry I haven't been on for a while.. school just started bleah. anyways I was at barnes and noble today and I read The October Country by Ray Bradbury (well part of it but each chaper is a story).. anyone else read this book? I always liked his stories. they make you think.. also I read a bunch of his other stories (martian chronicles, etc.)

One of my favorite Bradbury's. Why stop there? I also liked Dandelion Wine, Something Wicked This Way Comes, The Martian Chronicles, The Illustrated Man. The man was a master at implication. He could make you see the picture without ever having to spell it all out for you, a sort of refined terror for the intelligent.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Sep. 06 2004,12:28)]One  of my favorite Bradbury's.  Why stop there?  I also liked Dandelion Wine, Something Wicked This Way Comes, The Martian Chronicles,  The Illustrated Man.  The man was a master at implication.  He could make you see the picture without ever having to spell it all out for you, a sort of refined terror for the intelligent.
exactly...

I love his books! martian chronicals is my personal favorite.... that one was sooo wierd
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Specially the spook house thing... and the relatives that murdered them... FREAKY
smile_k_ani_32.gif

you need to read "the small assassin" good stuff! (and strange)

Back