What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the long road back to 14 hours

uphwiz

jimmy
Ok so here i go. The winter long night has passed, and since we didnt go the way of the dodo. I'm beginning to lengthen the photoperiod on my terrariums once again , I add 30 min to the timers about every 10 days till I get to 14 hours a day.

I've done this this way for several years now and seem to have good luck with my terrarium grown plants.

The ceph.s all slowed to a complete stop this year as I got all the way down to 9 1/2 hours a day near the beginning of december, and they were not even making noncarnivorous leaves. I've added an hour back now and it looks like the ceph s are responding. I'll be adding another 30 min tonight

This one in particular was looking kinda bad, as the adult pitchers are all but gone, but I can see a new growth point and new activity at the other two growth points in this pot .:0o:
IMG_1395.jpg

Good, looks like you have a baby pitcher there!

Back