What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tentaculata

Serapi mt.is about 25 minutes drive from the town of Kuching.Since there are many trail each has to be done one at a time. The mossy forest, which is tentaculata habitat, are found around 2,500 ft asl. The main mt. range are broken up into many small hill.

DSC_2555.jpg

Breaking away from the main trail we took one of the branch trails and came across hirsuta , albormarginata but more prominently on display are tentaculata embeded on mosses (sphagnum ? ) along both side of the trail.

Thick carpet of moss lined on both side of the trail and it is impossible not to walk on them as they have overgrown along the path.

DSC_2589.jpg

DSC_2590.jpg

Hardly seen any of them grow up among the trees but they tend to prefer creeping among the green moss.some are hide by the tall moss while most are half embeded.

DSC_2584.jpg

The pitchers are short around 4" long
DSC_2563.jpg

DSC_2572.jpg

They have short standing fuzzy hairs on their caps.
DSC_2564.jpg

DSC_2641.jpg

close up of the peristome.Notice the shape, and one unknown insect species have taken up residence inside.

DSC_2638alt.jpg

This is the hottest time of the year where temp.,on the lowland ( outside buliding ) can range from 32°C- 35°C. Mt. Serapi stand at 2,899ft and the spot where tentaculata thrive at 2,500ft asl the temp.was around 25.5°C and humidity 70%.

DSC_2396.jpg

Towards the year end ( nov to march ) the starts of the monsoon season temp will be lower significantly and therefore higher humidity.

Robert

This is very interesting!
I cannot do much from here 'cause I'm on Holiday in the extreme South Italy, but at least now I know something more.
Thanks as always Rbjong!

Mr_Aga
ON HOLIDAY Italy

Thanks Mitch, and enjoy your holiday Mr Aga:D

I would love to do domething like that !!!

Yeah,
it is fine to could have always an idea about the habitat of our Nepenthes!
I will try to take the good tips of all those photos!
Bye

Mr_Aga
ON HOLIDAY - Italy

PS: Rbjong RULEZZZ!!!

The growth inside of the moss bed was cool looking
thanks for posting

Back