What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Temp and humidity

Ok so Ive been misting my tank morning and night. I recently bought a temp and humidity gauge. It's showing (average)74%-76% humidity and 75deg F during miday. The humidity raises to 80%-85% humidity and temp drops to 68deg F at night. The humidity raises 10 to 15 percent when I mist and slowly drops to the average.

smile_r_32.gif

Ok my question is do you guys think I still need to mist the tank morning and night?? Also I would like to use orchid ferts (growth formula) on all my plants. I was thinking maybe 1/4 or 1/2 strength. I'm thinking I should mist all the plants with it and then mist them again a few hours later with plain water.

What do you guys think about this???
smile.gif

Thx
Brian

The conditions sound just fine. You really don't need to mist the tank at all. As long as the humidity is around at least 40%, they'll do fine without any added misting. Some neps like misting at night, though (highlanders). Since you grow so many Utrics, I wouldn't worry about misting them either, since they can take low humidity, and most people keep them very wet, so they should be ok. For fertilizer, I wouldn't use as much as 1/2 strength, that's a bit too much. 1/4 or so is prolly the best. You only need to mist them a bit with that, and only on the leaves, not in the soil. And do it about once every 1-2 months.

-Ben

The humidity is fine--no need to mist.

I foliar feed most of my CPs (except drosera, pings, roridula) with 1/4 strength orchid fertilizer once per month. Don't spray the leaves afterwards with water--this will defeat the purpose. Avoid spraying on the soil as this promotes algae/moss growth.

OK thx guys. I picked up some blood worms for the pitcher plants/dews/and pings. So Ill use the orchid ferts on the utrics.

Thx guys I really appreciate your time.

Back