What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teachers call me names now too

Status
Not open for further replies.
A boy in school is starting to bully me regualy.
He hits me with the ball in P.E deliberatley and keeps pushing me, and he calls me names like fat and swears at me and says that mum probably has a padlock on the fridge to stop me eating food.
So I had enough. In assembly, I kicked the back of his chair because he was calling me names again.
So on the way out, he sparyed soemthing in my face, so I pushed him away.
Then, my old tutor saw, and he whicsked me upstairs into a corridor.
My new tutor saw and followed.
Then my old tutor says its always me, that hes had enough.
So I asked him if he really thinks that I am going to stand there and let them spray stuff in my face.
And he shouts at me not to talk to him lie that.
Then he goes that its always me, that its always soemone doing stuff to me, and he shouted and told me I am pathetic and walked away.
My new tutor was there, she didnt exactly belive me either, but she and another teacher saw I was really upset and promised to sort it out and gave me a tissue.
I was in tears straigh after I got called names by the teacher.

So then I walked home, in tears, and I htought of my dear dead grandad.
I wished that I could die and join him.

Then I got home, decided to phone my mum, I wa so upset that it turned into a row on the phone.
Theb grandma found out, and she told mum to get home NOW.
So here I am, still really upset, and she said no school for me untill I see the docotr again.
Dino

Why do you care if someone insults you? Ignore it or Insult him back.

Dino, I sympathize with you and your current lifestyle. And I might add it does sound horrid! However, I do think that you should seek better help, perhaps on a medical forum. I DO realize this is the General Discussion area of Terraforums, but I believe there is a time and place for everything (this being one of them). I just do not feel a "plant forum" even if it is the General Discussion area is the place to bring personal problems like this here. If your grandmother dies or your dog got hit by a car, ok, but there are constant topics about you and your problems. This is just an opinion and just my personal thoughts.

Thanks
smile.gif

Starman- try a forum like the one at http://www.algy.com/anxiety/ib/index.php maybe? It sounds like you could be suffering from a bit of depression (the comments about wanting to die, etc.) I also had a very rough life growing up and as a result I have severe depression problems along with Social Anxiety Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The forum above is a great place to vent your frustrations and get advice from people who have been there. There's even several sections where people just post "Vents" and tell about a really bad day or whatever.
And you'll get much better replies than you would here. I agree with NepG- this is a CP forum.. so it's not a good place for stuff like this.
By the way, my name is WildFyre on those forums.
smile.gif

I agree with nep g. We all care for you very much but this is a plant forum and general topic. I would love to help you out but their is just so much I can do. I can give you words of encouragement but in the end it is up to you. What ever you do be strong and do not do something stupid that would hurt others in the long run.

Take Care,
Travis
smile.gif

Don't mind them Starman, if there is no one else to turn to I believe that it is ok for you to post your problems on here to get support from many people to help you through this hard time you are having. Go to consuling or some other type of treatment that will make you a better person or help you cope with your problems that will maybe make otheres like you more.

Hope you have good luck,
Peter
laugh.gif

Peter- I think everyone is just worried and there are better places to post stuff like this. Boards that are made just for emotional problems and life troubles.

I am inclined to agree with Bonnie. We are not saying that Dino can not post here we are just saying that he would probably get better answers/support from a board that deals specifically with the issues he has. We are not saying he can not turn to use, just that we can not do much beyond listening.

The forums are everything I have tho. I dotn knwo where else to go.
\I cant talk to ANYONE about it, thats the thing.

Dino, I don't know anything about you but I have a son that seems to have all the same problems you have. So I would say I have a unique perspective on your situation. If you are like my son I could sit here all day and give you solutions and you'd tell me I don't have a clue to what I'm talking about. You said you don't have anywhere to turn to but you were given another forum ( http://www.algy.com/anxiety/ib/index.php )that will be alot more capable of helping you then anybody here. You should give the forum a try before you say that you have no where to turn.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bonnie @ Sep. 30 2004,4:12)]Starman- try a forum like the one at http://www.algy.com/anxiety/ib/index.php  maybe? It sounds like you could be suffering from a bit of depression (the comments about wanting to die, etc.) I also had a very rough life growing up and as a result I have severe depression problems along with Social Anxiety Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The forum above is a great place to vent your frustrations and get advice from people who have been there. There's even several sections where people just post "Vents" and tell about a really bad day or whatever.
And you'll get much better replies than you would here. I agree with NepG- this is a CP forum.. so it's not a good place for stuff like this.
By the way, my name is WildFyre on those forums.
smile.gif
Not a bit of depession, a lot of depression.

All the more reason to try the forums I gave you a link to.. please just give them a try. The people there were there for me when I had no where else to turn to as well.

Yea, I agree with bonnie... CP forums arent the place to unload your stress on everyone else and get everyone else worked up
confused.gif

That's true. Bonnie is right. However, don't think we don't care or that you can't post your problems here. It's just that you should ALSO try there, and you may find that the advice is better.

The only thing we necessarily have in common is an obsession with these crazy plants.

In the situation you describe, ignoring the bully would probably have ended it - this time. And it sucks that it's always the guy that retaliates that gets in trouble. It's that way in my hockey league too. One guy is hitting, grabbing, slashing and all the rest, but if you turn and give it back, you get called for the penalty.

The one bit of advice I have for you is a difficult, but important piece. It's about what to do in stressful situations. The best way to handle them is to force yourself to be EXTREMELY calm. Don't raise your voice. Don't give ANY indication of being upset. Simply explain why you did what you did. But do so in a way that shows that you were NOT out of control, and it's the other guy who's out of control. From the tutor's perspective, he just saw that you were raging against another guy, and he wanted to stop it. But if you were rational and calm, you can explain the situation in a way that doesn't make the tutor defensive or nervous. This is hard to do because it's always a situation that is VERY tense and emotions are high. But it you can do it, you'll win in these situations.

Capslock

I am a teacher, and I can assure you... you are not the only one who goes through this. Teacher's are human and make mistakes... they can only watch so many kids. If I was built perfectly as a teacher, I would have 28 sets of eyes on the body and sixteen arms sprouting off my torso.

Name calling is a no-no... Ask your teacher for a meeting time where you can express your concerns with her/him. Explain what is going on. This will make it apparent to the teacher so they can watch more closely... but again... we teachers only have so many eyes and cannot watch just one, but we have a large population to watch.

As for the name calling, well, everyone is called names at one point in their life. Calling another person names puts you at risk as well as you are just as big of a violator and 'troublemaker'. Let it roll off of you or take it to a teacher. Kicking a chair or what have you, is not appropriate steps and will earn you bad credibility... such as you are experiencing by not being believable. Gain credibility by doing the right thing, not by retaliating.

cough I cough told cough you.
you could have ignored him and if that didn't work, just tell the teacher... better than making all that mess.

I agree with Capslock, it's not that we don't care. In fact, from all the posts in this thread it's obvious alot of people care.
It's just that.. well.. it's kind of like posting a Drosera topic in a Pinguicula forum. Most the people there are there for Pings and won't know how to help. You may get a few who know something about Drosera, but it's hit and miss.
I'm just trying to help you find people who are going through things similar to your experiences. And most people come to PFT to discuss CP topics, not personal life issues. TAPIR (the forum I linked to) is the opposite, people are there for the sole purpose of discussing life problems. The biggest thing that helps most people is realizing they aren't alone, that there are others out there who understand. That all I'm trying to do.. I'm just trying to help

You need to get out of that school. NOW

Hey,

I think it is because Dino feels appreciated here that he can tell his story. He might not be able to do so so easily in a new forum. The lack of friends seems to be the core issue and we all know how mean and lonely middle school can be. Here he feels among friends. Sometimes one just needs a place to speak the feelings as opposed to specific help from that place.

Bobby

Totally agree with biggun. Dino, you can always post here, or PM me if you need to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back