What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TC B52 Follies . . .

Here was an interesting find from this morning -- the presence of live aphids in a six-week old culture. The section of flower-stalk that had been put into media was about 3 cm long, a single strand; and the bud was then as tight as a drum. To add insult to injury, the stalk -- from plants grown outside -- was rinsed for five minutes in dionized water; given a 45 second dip in 91% isopropyl alcohol; a rinse in 2% hydrogen peroxide; a second rinse in sterile water; and was soaked for four hours in an 8% PPM (a potent biocide) solution to boot . . .

B52aphid.jpg

PESTS.jpg

tumblr_lz0f657gu31qhvtgno1_400.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

To give a more grounded answer, could it be that some eggs were caught or burries in tissues where the treatments didn't reach? Or maybe your hands had some eggs on them, I really have no ideahow that happened!

that's like....umpossible. aphids survived the sterilizing process?
super bug aphids....i think its autoclave time....

on another note, thanks for sharing these failure pics and shattering my perception of you being a cp god that can never fail.....what am i supposed to do now ???

that's like....umpossible. aphids survived the sterilizing process?
super bug aphids....i think its autoclave time....

on another note, thanks for sharing these failure pics and shattering my perception of you being a cp god that can never fail.....what am i supposed to do now ???

Heh, heh, Jon; well, I 'll simply have to add it to my annual, standard 1.87% TC contamination rate; though I have NEVER seen this one before.

Sounds like the basis for a horror movie; and does anything rhyme with autoclave?

wow thats scary :0o: I cant imagine how they survived.

Last edited:
You should weaponize those, I am sure you would make a very good military asset.

Wow that's really wrong.

Back