What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tarnok seeds?

catrus

Sheila
I've always heard and read that Tarnok is sterile. One site said it was "reported" to be. I'm just wondering if this is a seed pod? I didn't pick it, just opened up the bloom to take some pictures.
IMG_7651.JPG

IMG_7638.JPG

This is sarracebua seed pod for comparison.

IMG_7658.JPG

Looking at these pictures now I think I see some seeds that I missed. :-O I took these pictures a week ago.

See this thread

The "petals" on S. 'Tarnok' are actually malformed multiple stigma.

Thanks! No wonder I couldn't find the thread. I looked for Tarnok headings before posting this, not EBay scams. I had already emailed one guy on EBay about the picture he was using as Tarnok and asked him if he knew that Tarnok flowers were double. He thanked me.

I have also noticed that the plant, which had four blooms this year, has not made any pitchers since blooming. There are two that have these seed pods. Now, it's putting up pitchers but they look like phyllodia. I haven't had any nice white pitchers this year.

S. leucophylla usually has two pitcher growth periods - early spring and late summer/fall. The fall pitchers are typically the more spectacular looking ones.

Back