What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stray Sundew in Bucket

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Picture004-21.jpg

Not sure at all...

i too would say filiformis red....

Can you get some more pictures?
I would agree with the filiformis, but the top leaf, going into the media, looks almost spoon/paddle shaped at the tip, but I can't tell if it actually is.

If I recall, filiformis seedling do have sort of a paddle in thier first leaf or two. Then they form stubby leaves that resemble threads and then they get longer with each leaf. At least that is what I remember from watching my filiformis sprouts grow this spring. Man I must be getting old, memory fuzzy from 3 months ago...

I agree filiformis 'red'

None of my filiformis tracyii, florida red, or filiformis have forked or paddley leaves, so I dunno.

You may be right. I am going on by memory on what appears to be a bad memory sector. :)

I would say some red form of filiformis as well.

Red form filiformis it would seem to me.

i dont see any forking in the leaves...and the somewhat flat, and more broad leaves are typical for filiformis seedlings on their first few leaves.....

I can't really see what I am shooting, so I take a bazillion pictures:

Picture006-17.jpg

Eh, that picture didn't capture what I was talking about, but that it certainly looks like a Filiformis Fl Red.
But I was referring to this:
sundew.jpg

Maybe you just have two plants..or something..???

What you circled appears to be another baby seedling. They are both D. filiformis red plants!

Thanks, guys and gal.... and now for the bog question: Who put them there? I can understand the stray B. liniflora and D. capillaris seedlings.... but I didn't have the seeds or the plants!

I put them there using my new carnivorous plant materializer. It's the only way I can distribute plants these days. So anytime a stray unknown plant comes up in your pots, you can be assured that I have been hard at work. It's got a built in time machine, in case you're wondering just where I got this material, having no plants. You sent to me about a year from now.

Perfect! Does it involve the use of Dilithium Crystals?

Personally, I like duct tape & coat hangers...

Back