What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some of my news dionaea :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are pretty happy in my setup, hope they will grow fast !
Im a newbie with theses mutants clones !

I had to put myself on a waiting list since december to have a chance to MAYBE buying these plants! So expensive !

Charly mandon spotted
8893509806_91acf03418_b.jpg

8893520762_31c0e26ccf_b.jpg

8808283164_2981463893_b.jpg

Korean melody shark
8893514736_eb3dc6b746_b.jpg

8893513730_47ee620fa1_b.jpg

Wacky traps
8892897363_0c0b72176f_b.jpg

I order a dentate, and the guy send me this:

8869323436_6a6333d71f_b.jpg

Its clearly not a dentate, so for now its a unknow clone. I emailed the question, still waiting.

Congrats on the new acquisitions! Thats definitely not a dente...youre right.

cool! That last one is obliviously not what it should be. Also, I know english is your third language, but when you put and 's' on the end of new you get news as in breaking news...or this is the latest news on the story. Maybe you meant to do that and im the grammar police...:p

the korean melody sure is silly lookin! :)

cool! That last one is obliviously not what it should be. Also, I know english is your third language, but when you put and 's' on the end of new you get news as in breaking news...or this is the latest news on the story. Maybe you meant to do that and im the grammar police...:p

I didnt know that,
Thanks for the info, i really appreciate! For me, many new things = news things. Like:

One=Plant. Many=plants
One=Root. Many=roots
So for me, was logic to write news because i have many.
I know it sound very basic for a native american lol

I have the bad habbit to think in french when i write in english..
I know i make a lot of misstakes here, and its pretty cool when someone like you help me :)

the korean melody sure is silly lookin! :)

Just saw the silly french translation lol

Yeah its a lil odd, but cool :)

And this lil plant already eat DBW ! The traps can close and seal like any vft!

Nice plants there! ...And flytrap number three definitely is NOT a "Dentate Traps" plant. Maybe just a normal one.

Plant Planter: thanks and i agree, look like a typical one, but at 15$ the tiny plant, i expected something better hehe.

Whoa rewind, third language? Impressive! I have difficulty with my second languge lol. Think I tried learning too late :(

Plants look great though! I love getting tiny plants and watching them grow. That last one is definitely suspect, hope you get that sorted out quickly.

Just saw the silly french translation lol

Yeah its a lil odd, but cool :)

And this lil plant already eat DBW ! The traps can close and seal like any vft!
Do you think that it could trap and hold live insects? Also what is your second language?

I didnt know that,
Thanks for the info, i really appreciate! For me, many new things = news things. Like:

One=Plant. Many=plants
One=Root. Many=roots

I know i make a lot of misstakes here, and its pretty cool when someone like you help me :)

English is one of those languages were things like that would just make too much sense. They make rules and then there are a bunch of exceptions for no reason.

Mikey3288: thanks! And never too late for learning! :)

Subrosa: i dont think so, because i had to close the trap myself with toothpick, and softly press the sides of the traps for sealing. And my second is slavic language(bulgarian). Et mon premier est français :p

Biozest wrote: "They make rules and then there are a bunch of exceptions for no reason."

Yes! And french is worst. I had the chance to learn french as a kid, because its a very hard one to learn as second language. The hardest in the world is mandarin(china), french come after.

And for my 'dentate', im still waiting for the vendor's reply..

Your dentate could still be a dentate. Mine always have regular traps early in the season then grows the dentate traps later in the season. I hope this is the case with yours. Jack

Your dentate could still be a dentate. Mine always have regular traps early in the season then grows the dentate traps later in the season. I hope this is the case with yours. Jack

Cool, i didnt know that ! Many cultivars are like that?

vfts in general show less of their unqiue traits in juvenile traps. but i dont think my dentate ever had long hairs like that

My Dentate took awhile to produce short hairs, I would give it a couple months to be certain.

Yeah! Im exited to discover what i have :)

One=Plant. Many=plants
One=Root. Many=roots

English is weird like that. I listen to a lot of European metal, so the pluralization of everything is normal for me.

That's not nearly as bad as what my mother does. For example, while is Spain she thinks in English and then tries to speak in French and Spanish at the same time. It's hilarious, and no one has an idea what she's saying.

Update of my korean melody shark :)

The plant start to look good !

I dunno if its normal, but i have to take a toothpick, and dig a little in the soil to pop out the new leaves. They cannot grow out of the soil alone lol

Dionaea 'korean melody shark' par dals009, sur Flickr

IMG_4132 par dals009, sur Flickr

Thanks for watching guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back