What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So much for a happy New Year..

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
3 hours left until the new year.. and some person just slammed into the side of my BRAND new car. Just bought it day before yesterday too. And now, it's totaled.
And get this.. since he worked at the sheriff's dept.. he got let go.

I hate my life. :censor:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh! sucks man.
The police don't decide fault in an accident... they may or may not issue a ticket, but as far as coverage goes... The insurance company should decide if he was at fault, and if so, make him cover it.
Andrew

Ugh! sucks man.
The police don't decide fault in an accident... they may or may not issue a ticket, but as far as coverage goes... The insurance company should decide if he was at fault, and if so, make him cover it.
Andrew

Then why'd I get a ticket for 'Failure to Yield' when I was stopped at red light? This idiot pulled out of a parking lot into the side of my car. I WASN'T EVEN MOVING!! According to the #$%#% up police report.. I was at fault. Figure that one out..

what does the police report say?

Something like this happened a few years ago here, a drunk sherrif hit a guy on a motorcycle, killing him....and he was cleared of all charges at first, eventually the dead guys family and the community put up such a stink that they reopened the case and eventually charged him....sure took a while though

Apparently, I was "changing lanes while approaching the stop" when this guy was turning left. According to the other driver anyways. I had someone in the car with me that saw the whole thing. But since it was his word against ours, and he works at the sheriff's dept., guess who they believed.

That sucks man. I would still file an insurance report, see what you can do. Maybe even talk to a lawyer.

For sure. Cause like, there has to be someone to reign in the corruptness.

That sucks man. I would still file an insurance report, see what you can do. Maybe even talk to a lawyer.

I'm absolutely 100% fighting the :censor: out of it. But I have PLPD until Monday.. Yeah.. Monday. I was getting full coverage +theft when my next check came in. So the damage is still coming out of my pocket.
One of my poker buddy's is a great lawyer though. So I'm good there..

Last edited:
That's the spirit!

Man, that's some bull. Sorry to hear that. ;/ I've been in some total BS situations like that, too, where I was deemed "at fault" for absurd reasons - no fun. I wish you luck in your fight.

Reminds me of this poor fellow named Bismark Dinius.

That really bites, man. I hope you get it cleared up!

Apparently, I was "changing lanes while approaching the stop" when this guy was turning left. According to the other driver anyways. I had someone in the car with me that saw the whole thing. But since it was his word against ours, and he works at the sheriff's dept., guess who they believed.

Jeeze, sucks bad. Sorry this happened, especially in a new car! But just so you know, you are not alone. Something extremely similar happened to my friend. Stopped at a red light, rear ended by a deputy, in a marked car. Sure enough, my friend got the ticket, the keystone cop got off completely scott free. 'To serve and protect'...my ***.

Back