What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snakes on a Plane

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
The guys at work have been talking of the new movie Snakes on a Plane all week. This movie involve two of my favorite things, snakes and flying. So I was looking forward to hearing about this movie. I just saw the previews and I must say it has got to be one of the dumbest movies ever. The snakes does not even look real, they're computer generated, and it's obvious. The fangs of the snake look extremely fake. It movie plays on the publics unwarranted fear of snakes. The snakes are chasing the people through the plane and trying to kill everybody they see.

At least the plane seemed realistic.

Wow, the title is just, "Snakes on a Plane?" I might have to see it just for that. Please tell me this is a made-for-cable-TV movie. Sounds mind-numbing. Whoever gave the goahead for this flick must be pretty ballsy.
~Joe

This is going to be a brilliant movie. I already bought a T-shirt for it. The NYtimes has called it a cult film before it's even come out. Samuel L. Jackson has stated "That's the only reason I took the job: I read the title." SO EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE

~ Brett

0z, you're a bit behind on the times.
smile_m_32.gif
The news about this movie has been out for a long time on the internet. Everybody knows it's going to be a piece of crap, and that's generated a GIANT hubbub over the movie.

I mean, come ON, it's Samuel L. Jackson, on a plane, with snakes! How could it go wrong!!!

You just need to be in the right frame of mind: don't try to take it seriously.

It better be good. Here I had my hopes up for some story about Ozzy harassing the Transit Security Agency.
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Wow, the title is just, "Snakes on a Plane?" I might have to see it just for that.

This is just about what went through everyone's mind. "Snakes on a Plane? Sam L. Jackson?! I must see this!"
laugh.gif

This whole phenomenon has been entertaining... but I really hope some movie executives somewhere don't get it in their heads to try to purposefully harness this phenomenon with future movies. Whenever marketers try to do that kind of thing they just seem to embarrass themselves.

People will spend a fortune to hear samual jackson say the word "mother****er"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]People will spend a fortune to hear samual jackson say the word "mother****er"

Word has it that they actually re did part of the film to make it rate R to make it more like the fan's expectations. I think that may be why they changed directors. <3

"That's it, I've had it with these ************* snakes on this ************* plane! Everybody strap in! I'm about to open some ******* windows."

I'll gladly pay $10 to hear that line on the big screen.

~ Brett

I can't resist asking this. Are they poisonous snakes?

LMAO

Zac
smile_n_32.gif

They are not even a real species. They are portrayed as venomous.

I don't think so dude.

it's not just the movie that's making it such an internet meme

It's simply the title.
Instead of "sigh....Sh*t happens..,"
some people just say "hey man.....Snakes on a Plane...." or "SoAP"

I have been stoked about this one too... I saw X-3 in the theatre and the only good part of the film was the trailer for this POS "no other film this summer has..... SNAKES.... ON A PLANE"

And whoever mentioned the additional filming, it's true, the film was basicallyin the can by last x-mas but it got more stuff filmed and added to it in March this year I believe

In the script the snakes had names such as Hannibal and the giant Kong.

SeedJar, there is a martial arts dude who punches snakes out, figure you would go for something like that

The story is that Jackson signed on cos he liked the working title, and when the studio announced plans to change the title to the more subdued "Pacific Airlines flight 123" or some jazz, Jackson got all upset- there's a quote out there somewhere about how he was going to make sure they changed it back, and with all the 'net buzz it became a reality. It's a pretty interesting example of the power of the internet, without it the film may have been straight to DVD. I'll be there at the opening
biggrin.gif

Awww...I thought this was going to be a story about Ozzy carrying snakes onto a plane.  The snakes get loose and crawl up some stewardesses' skirt; the stewardess screams, drops her pot of hot coffee on a passenger; the irate and pain-crazed passenger jumps up and pulls out fingernail clippers which he then holds to her throat.  He drags her back to the cockpit door with the clippers pressed against her jugguler.  Passengers are too busy standing on their seats looking for the snakes to pay any attention.  The passenger with the hot crotch forces the stewardess to open the cockpit door.  When he opens the door, a snake which had been hiding in the stewardess's skirt jumps out and wraps itself around the pilot's neck.  The co-pilot, who has a morbid fear of snakes, passes out.  The pilot is so scared he pushes the wrong controls and the plane spirals downward.  It crash lands in the middle of the Cranberry Bog.  Miraculously all are safe.  But as the passengers scramble to safety, the cops show up and take everyone to safety...except for Ozzy who gets arrested for taking snakes onto an airplane and for going to the Cranberry Bog without a Permit.  They haul Ozzy off to jail...except the SUV patrol car they are driving get stuck in mud on the way there.

The rest of the story continues with "Snakes on a Plane II".

laugh.gif

Brilliant!  Absolutely brilliant PAK.  Will Ozzy be wearing his Victoria's Secret undergarments?

Well, I think THAT part of the story is revealed in "Snakes on a Plane II"...I think it has something to do with how Ozzy gets out of jail...
smile_l_32.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back