What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Senior project consideration

I was considering making the topic of my senior project the cultivation of carnivorous plants from seed, in which I would measure how light, humidity, soil makeup and moisture, and various fungicides and pesticides impact the growth and germination success of various carnivorous plants. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure if I would go with seed, there can be a wide variation within the same seed pool not including environmental factors.

Leaf pulls or something similar would be a much better method to measure the impacts of humidity, medium, ect.

I'm not sure if I would go with seed, there can be a wide variation within the same seed pool not including environmental factors.

Leaf pulls or something similar would be a much better method to measure the impacts of humidity, medium, ect.

In order to do a proper experiment, one needs a minimum of 30 individuals (seeds or leaf pullings) per test group. I would need hundreds of seeds to do my experiment, which is why I am going to focus primarily on drosera. Where on earth would I get hundreds of leaf pullings from the same individual plant? Also, I want to focus on how it impacts germination, and leaf pullings don't really germinate.

Back