What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeds started now what? Photo

I have a few sundew seeeds started and need some advice.
Currently they are under a dome, and are in our African violet greenhouse which stays at
about 60% humidity. Is it time to remove the dome? When would you repot?
Any other advice?

sundew1.jpg

sundew2.jpg

Thank you
Steve

The pygmy Drosera look light starved to me. Give them more direct sunlight.

Lose the dome. If it has vents on it open the vents more and more over a period of a week or two.

Ease them into more sunlight in a similar fashion too.

You don't want to repot pygmies if you can avoid it.

I agree, the pygs need more light. Drosera indica is also sensitive to transplant, so this should be done asap by carefully pricking them out into their new homes. In general the sooner transplanted the better holds true for this genus.

The D. indica look great. I can always get them to look like that right after germinating, but for some reason, if I don't feed them soon after this, they always slowly die out on me. I think there must be something wrong with the conditions I'm giving them...

Pics. aren't coming through for me but as a rule the AV section of the greenhouse is not the place to start them. Not enough light as the others said. The obvious exception to the rule is if you can't check on things as weather changes, to water, etc...

Back