What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeds available in limited amounts

G

We have recently obtained seeds ( thanks to Fatboy).

It wasn't going to be easy for him to 'spread them around the world' so he sent them to us to do.

I am more than happy to send seeds to ANYONE that wants them.

The only charge is 1&#36 ( for packing and shipping fee ).

That's it. Nothing more.

Any body interested contact myself or Phil to get some to you.

Thanks again Fatboy. We have a TON growing like crazy. They are really cool.

Interesting what exactly is it and is it carnivorous? Nep.G.

Very COOL !! I would like to see one of them close up! Maby it is somewhat like the VFT? The VFT closes it's leaves and so does this plant! Maby a distant cousin or realative? Nep.G.

there's some sort of mimosa that grows in the lawns of singapore's apartment buildings. they're thorny and close up when you touch them. but they're probably weeds.

I don't actually think it is a relative. I thought it owuld be too, but Fatboy already hooked me up with some.

JAIE or PHIL--I still have a ton of seed. There is no way I will need it all, especially if this stuff spreads like it is supposed too. My offer still stands if you want any phil. Nobody ever contacted me saying they wanted a share.

Anyways, back to their "closing mechanism". I am not sure how this works, it seems to be preasure, but temp change also causes them to close. They close when the sun goes down in my house. Which I'm sure sounds normal right? Well get this. The place I have them they can't SEE the sun. They are under flouresants for 14 hours a day, but they close when the sun goes down even though their lights are still on. They're really cute when the close though, its like they are bowing their head for prayer. I didn't know these guys flowered, that was really cool to see on the web site. Thanks Jaie.

Hey Flint...

As my place gets bigger ...I am able to put more things up ( huh...makes sense). Anyway...at the time...we had no space. Now I am coming into space ( and then will have lots more in the Spring). Anyway..

Fatboy ( again thanks) gave some to us. We took a little...Now we are just offering it to any one that wants some. I don't think that Troy could have possibly tried to get it to everyone over here...So we are the distributors...If you do not want it...I will take it. =)
It may just make it easier to spread around.

Email me if you are interested.

I am glad to see you back! I think that a lot of people missed you!

Hey Flint,
You mentioned how at night your pudica are "bowing their heads for prayer". You may have heard of Maranta leuconeura(common name the Prayer Plant) which folds up its leaves every evening to conserve moisture. Pudica may do the same thing.
Chris

Limited amounts of seed? Yah right! Jaie you sent me enough seed to take a bath in! But its a good thing. A very good thing!

LOL, those of us that got seed from fatboy got alot more than we expected. ALOT!

jaie...

if you still have mimosa seeds id like some!

let me know if you do...

thanks

The seeds are for free and the the shipping and handling cost is only a dollar , Hey i'll take a packet of the rest of the mimosa pudica seeds you got , actually I'll take the amount you usually give to other people because I don't want to be greedy .

I would really some if you have some left send me a message I look at it a lot

Out of Mimosa seed

Sorry Guys and Gals. maybe someone would make another donation and we can share the love again
smile.gif

I gave a whole bunch of mimosa seeds to noah a week or 2 ago, so he might have some left over.

FYI: The seeds were from a yellow flowered mimosa plant that was a foot or 2 high.

Joel

Back