What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secure Rural Schools Land Sales Initiative

Hi all,

For those of you who don't know, our President put something in our 2007 budget that would have the U.S. Forest Service to sell off over 300,000 acres of land throughout the country to help fund rural schools for 5 years. Now I've got nothing against raising funds for rural schools, but this is a very temporary and inefficient way to do it. We'd be eating our seed corn and the schools really wouldn't benefit much in the big picture.

I don't know how relavent this is to carnivorous plants, but I'm posting anyway for two reasons: a. For all we know carnivorous plants could be badly affected by the program, and b. If we let this kind of thing go, who knows what will come next.

So. The U.S. Forest Service is open for comment on the proposal until March 30. Here is a page with all the necessary info:

http://yubanet.com/artman/publish/article_32355.shtml

If you care about any of this please hurry; the deadline for comments is in two weeks from now.

Peter

I already heard about this. How much more damage can one man do? How did a fool like this get elected?

Some cp sites are on the chopping block. I know the Croatan forest is one of them.

But what can you do?

Sorry about that, I posted the wrong link. It's fixed now and this page has all the contact info etc.

Peter

Ozzy thats a question for another thread, but lets just say he was the lesser of two evils to choose from. I hope someone buys the land and leaves it the way it is instead of developing it. CPs in the wild do not need to be killed off for the building of fregen town homes!! Man I hate those things, and they are popping up all over the place.

Back