What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saturday morning Sarrs

thez_yo

instigator
Pictures, because I've gotten more because I've caught the Sarr bug :boogie:. I think I might be wasting my effort and money because I'm in zone 11 which might prove to not be cold enough, especially for the purpurea, but I guess I'll find out next spring/summer. Hopefully the change in phytoperiod is enough. Without further ado -

My collection so far -
everybody.jpg

Oreo
oreophila.jpg

Minor
minor.jpg

Judith Hindle
judith_hindle.jpg

Dana's Delight
danas_delight.jpg

Alata
alata.jpg

Flava var. ornata black veins
flava_ornata_black.jpg

...and a leaf of my plain old regular capensis because it looked nice in the sun-
capensis_regular.jpg

I like your flava... I have one like it from Josh. :)

did you grow the oreo from seed? My friend has in the past and it is amazing to see the size jump from year one to year two. By far one of the fastest growing speices from seed.

@clue - S.flava is my favorite because of the lids. If I had the room, I would just have a field of flavas as far as the eye can see.

@CPsam - nope, just got it but it's my second favorite after flava. I hope it makes huge pitchers next year! Honestly I think wintertime is the best time to buy Sarrs because although they will go dormant promptly, you can get them on sale and you get to see the wee pitchers of this year, then get a surprise the next year with bigger ones than you were expecting!

Good luck with those. They look promising!

I too have a juvenile flava var. ornata and I can't wait for next spring to see its older pitchers!

Back