What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarrs for postage

gill_za

Never Knows Best
Hi All,

After repotting my little Sarracenia collection I ended up with extra divisions that I would like to give away to those who are beginning (or any one else who is interested) in this hobby and would like to try growing Sarracenia.
So, up for grabs is a package containing six plants:

S. 'Dana's Delight'
S. purpurea ssp. purpurea (as identified here)
S. Unknown #1
S. Unknown #2
S. Unknown #3
S. find out the name upon arrival

The unknown plants were generously given to me by a TF member here so that I could try/practice putting Sarracenia into dormancy and keeping them alive while at it. There was no way of identifying them because most of the leaves were pitcher-less/dormant/pre-dorman upon arrival. They were my test subjects and have survived through winter in my hibernation setup :) Plants, seem to start waking up, and to my best knowledge have a healthy root system.

Here is what you will be getting (Pic is before I wrapped the rhizomes and roots and packed them):

20120402_001b.jpg

You are in for the whole package: one name, one winner, one package :)
So post here if you are interested and by tomorrow 03-Apr-2012, 6pm Eastern Time I will randomly select one name "from the hat"
The postage will be $6.
This is USA only (sorry).
I can't enforce it, but I would really appreciate if you could share the plants, some time in the future when they divide, with other people.

So let's begin.
Thank you for your interest!

Last edited:
Pick me please:).

Haze here. Any chance of keeping me in mind for any of the unknowns or the s. Little surprize?

Haze,

The winner is getting the whole package :)

Nice give away gill, good luck to everyone that enters.

Hey Kinjie, send me a pm. I have a mystery sarr you can have for SASE.
----------
Never mind. Thought the offer was already closed.

Last edited:
very generous gill! i applaud your efforts!

@sss , @amphirion

Thank you, but it is not a big deal. These sarrs are pretty common (I dunno about the unknown ones though).

Cool. I'll enter!

Very nice, Gil. Good luck to the participants!

Oh wow neat lol. I thought it was 1 winner for 1 plant.... what you ment was even better. Ill enter

Oh wow neat lol. I thought it was 1 winner for 1 plant.... what you ment was even better. Ill enter

My apologies :) I should have made it clearer.
Edit added!

please put my name in the hat

thank you for doing a give way:-D

Very generous.
I'll bow out though and give some of the newer folks a better chance.

Last edited:
I'd like to enter as well. Great offer, thank you very much!!

I'm down to enter. Thanks!

I would love to enter please. Cool giveaway!

count me in as well! thanks!

Alex

I will enter, but my paypal account has been acting weirdly, so we'll see if it works again. (if I win... :boogie:)

Thanks for the giveaway.

i would like to enter, thank you so much!

Back