What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia leucophylla encaustic (wax) painting Pinguicaphile $20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up for auction is an original encaustic piece done by myself. It depicts a flowering S. leucophylla. The piece is about 7.5 x 7.5 inches. (I will update with for sure measurements later). If desired, the winner may contact me about mounting options if they'd rather I prep the piece for hanging.
Encaustic (from Wikipedia):
"Encaustic painting, also known as hot wax painting, involves using heated beeswax to which colored pigments are added. The liquid/paste is then applied to a surface—usually prepared wood, though canvas and other materials are often used. The simplest encaustic mixture can be made from adding pigments to beeswax, but there are several other recipes that can be used — some containing other types of waxes, damar resin, linseed oil, or other ingredients. Pure, powdered pigments can be purchased and used, though some mixtures use oil paints or other forms of pigment."

230682_1700684152189_1090476359_31462014_4472094_n.jpg

Bidding starts at 10 dollars. I'll pay shipping.

EDIT: There's a bit more depth to the piece than the photo shows.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Starting price has been lowered to 10 dollars.

Auction has been paid for. Free to ship.

Auction needs to be completed. Please either send payment or ship item. If the item has already been shipped or received please post status of the auction.

Auction needs to be completed. Please either send payment or ship item. If the item has already been shipped or received please post status of the auction.

Donor says that this auction item was shipped. Assuming that it was received and closing the auction. Please PM me if there are any concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back