What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia Deathcube rescue!

I bought a Deathcube from Lowes last night as I havent owned any Sarrs yet, and it ended up being 2 individual Sarracenia plants when I repotted them. I planted them with my VFT to make a tiny "community" of carnivores!
Vh6Z8ku.jpg

MwlBydn.jpg

GMgAvJR.jpg

Look how bright green they are! They mustve been deprived of light for a long time :(

That water level seems a bit high, but very nice!

My sarrs sit roughly halfway in water. Lolkin good sash

I also grow mine in deep water, especially when the air temperature is high and humidity low. Whatever works for each of us though.

My experience with Lowe's Sarr rescues suggests a quick recovery for your little guy. It won't be long before you are begging folks to take divisions. ;)

Give it a year or two and it should look better. Here's a S. purpurea I originally picked up from a Lowes deathcube two years ago. It had only one sickly green pitcher and a phyllodia when I first got it. Now it's bursting out of its 6 inch pot.

15353254950_a769accd00_z.jpg

S. purpurea does well with a higher water level, but VFT's like it lower.

^^^ Agreed. I never let my VFT sit in water trays.

Difference in habitat, I guess. I am yet to see Dionaea in situ, but all of the Sarracenia I have visited in the wild were WET... Like two inches of water wet. I am yet to see VFT pictured in such environments.

Back