What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Robin Williams, American actor.

• Thread starter Maiden
  • Start date
Thanks for all the good moments.
Jumanji !!

..RIP

Last edited:
Wow. thats really sad actually.

Very shocking and sad. He was a great actor and comedian. RIP.

I'll miss that hairy SOB

The Fisher King. Thank you for that, Robin.

I remember watching him in Dead Poets Society a few months ago. I (and every english teacher I've ever had) will miss you dearly. Thank you for everything.

Oh, how many movies have I seen him in? Aladdin, Night at the Museum, Jacob the Liar, Mrs. Doubtfire, Hook, RV.... the list goes on. Each special, each with his own spin on humor even when the movie itself is very serious. I have no doubt all this will make his memory continue to live on, but I also have no doubt: we have lost a wonderful man, who had given so much and had so much left to give. Thank you Robin, may you rest in peace, and may your family find the comfort they so very much need at this time.

He was one of my fav comedians. I still love weapons of mass destruction and live at broadway. Classics. The quickest comic I ever saw.

When I found this out yesterday, I was too shocked to say anything, really. He was one of my all-time favorite actors, and I'm sure a Robin Williams marathon will be in order soon. I honestly hope the coroners find a cause of death other than suicide.

It's very saddening to think a man with a family, career, friends and fans around the world could sink so low into depression that he would take his own life.

I will miss Armand. RIP, Robin.

Best stand-up comedian ever. Comic acting genius. Oscar winning dramatic actor. I feel so lucky to have been around to see his career from the beginning. And so sad to have seen it end. RIP.

Its official he hung himself. Great actor and comedian.

Mork and Mindy, was one of the first shows I saw him in. It's weird to have such a great sense of loss having never personally met the guy. I believe in all of his many roles that we watched over the years that he "acted" less than you might believe. That he was so great of a person in real life that we were introduced to him again and again through his movies as if in person. His sincerity and warmth of spirit shone through always in spite of roles and script. God Bless You Robin Williams! We will miss you.

Shortbus, you said what I lacked the prescience of mind to say myself.

Sometimes you feel like you KNOW somebody via the roles they play, and in your mind, you develop an image of that person as an average of everything they've done.

Robin Williams was without a doubt a positive force and influence. All of his roles were heartfelt and meaningful.

nanoo nanoo

Rest in Peace, Robin. May you be free of whatever earthly woes seemed to have plagued you. You will be missed greatly.

According to his current wife he had been diagnosed with Parkinson's, I would assume recently, which possibly lead to this unfortunate end since he is also said to have been sober at the time.

Back