What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reptile "rock" heater

Hello,

Recently I came across this and got it on the cheap. Some sort of heater made of resin and styled to look like a rock, I assume for a reptile habitat. I did a bit of reading and found mixed reviews/emotions about using such things, especially as the sole source of heat in a reptile environment. But that is not my forte. I plugged it in, placing it in a bowl with a bit of water, thinking it would heat up sort of quickly. Eventually I dumped the water and waited for a half hour or so, and it seemed to be heating slowly, from the center, I guess that is where the coils are. Maybe it is like an aquarium heater, and takes some time to heat up. I cannot say. But should this be of interest to one of you, here it is for postage. The first person to lay claim (in a post) then contact me via email gnixon@satx.rr.com gets it. I make no claim to warranty or vouch for how well it works...but it is free! You see it, you want it, you got it!

IMGP6389.jpg

IMGP6390.jpg

There is, by the way, a small chip out of the bottom on the farthest end from where the wire enters, but none of the innards are exposed. So that should not matter.

Very interested! Emailing shortly.

Back