What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pygmy sundew help

I got this labeled Drosera dichrosepala ssp. Enoedes but that was in question last time I posted photos.

2007-1-2_D_dichrosepala_Enoedes_010large.jpg

2007-1-2_D_dichrosepala_Enoedes_004.jpg

2007-3-16_CPs_upper_GH_003.jpg

2007-3-16_CPs_upper_GH_005.jpg

I got this one as Drosera pulchella
2007-1-26_micro_049.jpg

2007-1-26_micro_054.jpg

2007-1-26_micro_058.jpg

How about this one
2007-3-16_Drosera_006.jpg

2007-3-16_Drosera_009.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

no clue for the first one...i'm not a pygmy expert...
thats not D. pulchella
IMG_0553.jpg

the last one looks like D. villosa/(?)ascendens.
wooly sundew. D. paradoxa? D. petiolaris? D. dilato-petiolaris?
Alex

Very nice photos! The correct spelling for the one is enodes and Sean Spence may know if it should be called something else. I remember him correcting plants I received as enodes and stelliflora. D. pulchella has a wide stem, much wider, relatively speaking, than let's say a nitdula.

It's definitely a subspecies of D. dichrosepala but it is very difficult to identify which. From the rosette it looks more like D. lasiantha but the flower is unmistakebly D. dichrosepala. I would tend towards D. dichrosepala ssp. dichrosepala rather than D. dichrosepala ssp. enodes as the rosette and lamina are dark green and deep red, whereas ssp. enodes is usually a pale greenand the laminas thinner.

The second seems to be D. paleacea ssp. roseana. A flowerscape is required for a definitive ID.

The third is D. ascendans

The final D. paradoxa

Back