What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pygmea Forest! No dew?

I've got a little pygmea forest going here but.. they don't seem to be making very much (if any) dew. I just tried to feed them and I realized it. All the other drosera on my plant shelf half dew except for these little guys. For a while the humidity was really high since I had them in a little Lowes mini terrarium thing. I took off the lid to it and added more water but the water has yet to sink into the soil so that definitely wasn't the problem. Could it be too warm?

I don't really know but I'd really like to feed the little guys but they can't eat without dew. :/

more than likely to humid + not enough air circulation + not enough light

Yeah, keep them open and well lit. Window sills do well by them.

Looks like there's some dew forming, woo hoo!

I knew it wasn't the light cuz they're bright red and everything else grows fine. It had to have been the lack of air circulation.

Thanks guys!

:banana2: Psst! I am looking for pygmies anything!

:banana2: Psst! I am looking for pygmies anything!

Wait another half year or so. That's when the plants produce gemmae and offer them in the tradin post.

Okay, I do want to buy some plants if anyone has any though.
Same with tuberous drosera I really want some small tubers.

Yeah I'm actually expecting to have a lot of gemmae this fall I guess. You can bet that I'll most likely be giving em away too. I doubt I'll be the only one. I'm looking forward to gettin' some scorpiodes in my collection again.

I have scorpoides alas I have to bareroot them so I am going to get them dormant by giving them the hot evening sun and keeping the soil just damp what should happen is they will go dormant making the barerooting way less stressfull and some should live.

Back