What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Apology

Oh... we certainly know who this person is.

We had forwarded all the visuals to the RCMP. We even confronted the loser at his parent's home at the time. For reasons of convenience, we all decided not to press charges at the time, but since we made a formal police report, there is no statute of limitations. So in other words, we can still press civil charges, and it's up to the authorities to follow through with criminal charges after our application.

I agree... plant thieves and other similar perverts should be publically identified.

Hard to say. No one that I know of has kept in touch with him.  Because he was such a "newby" at the time, I doubt he had the knowledge nor the facility to look after all the plants he stole.

It was over a decade ago when it happened...and the news of the plant thefts made ripples up and down the coast, right down to California where my colleagues down there wrote back to see if they could help.

BFT, that really sucks. And if you guys have the ability to facilitate legal action against this POS, then I'd do so.

However, it is good to see that you've decided to start doing some posting. I hope to see you and the other folks who were affected by the theft continue to come out of the woodworks as I'm sure you've got a lot of knowledge that'd be valuable. Like your sig says, "knowledge isn't knowledge unless it's shared."

Hopefully this creep will get what he had coming to 'im (just give the right people his address
blues.gif
) and hopefully we can prevent this sort of thing happening in the future.

But welcome to TF, I hope you stick around and get to know some of the great people we've got here.

--Jonathan

Thanks all.

The good people more than compensates for all the rotten eggs out there...and of all the CP folks I've met, there's only been two rotten ones.

Back